Gamer Pics and Themes

So I know this isn't really a hard hitting problem, but it is more of a convenience thing. Over the years I have accumulated a gig's worth of themes and pics. Now I would like to go through and get rid of some but the problem is if they were from a promotion that had three different choices the thumb nails all look the same or they are apart of a pack. Sooo I think that Microsoft should make it a little easier in this area by making the users able to delete pics or theme on the same page as choosing a theme or pic.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey there

I think that is a great Suggestion, and should be placed in the Xbox Live Suggestions and Wish List forums.

However, to delete profile pictures now, you would have to go into your storage settings. You can do this by,

1. Heading over to your Xbox 360
  2. Signing into your Xbox Live Profile
  3. Scrolling right to the Settings page
  4. Going into System Settings
  5. Clicking onto Memory/ Storage
  6. Clicking onto the storage device in which your Gamer Pictures and Themes are installed onto
  7. Then pressing onto themes or gamer pictures and following the instructions from there

You will be able to select them for further options on what you want to do with them. Including, moving them onto a different storage device and deleting them if you want to.

I hope this helps, and be sure to follow the link to the Wish List Forums by clicking on the Wish list forums. That should direct you to them for you to make your post in there where Xbox and Microsoft will be able to see your suggestion.

Volunteer Moderator | Xbox Ambassador | Article Author | Windows & Xbox Insider

[quote user="BumbleB88"]Over the years I have accumulated a gig's worth of themes and pics. Now I would like to go through and get rid of some but the problem is if they were from a promotion that had three different choices the thumb nails all look the same or they are apart of a pack.[/quote]

It can help if you have more than one storage device, because the Change Your Gamerpic interface shows the gamerpics on your HDD before ones on, say, a USB flash drive. So if I end up with several gamerpic sets from McDonald's and I normally keep them all on my USB flash drive, I'll move one set over to the HDD (from the Storage part of Settings), then go to the Change Gamerpic interface and see exactly which pics that set has...

Yes, it's pretty tedious. It's always been a shame that the Storage interface doesn't show you which gamerpics are part of a set. But then, the Marketplace doesn't even reliably show you what you're buying in a gamerpic or theme set, so I guess it doesn't affect Microsoft's sales much so they aren't inclined to improve either case.