Gameplay/Gamestation

Hey peeps some might know this already but with the whole Gameplay merging with the Gamestation site they will email you a discount code for £5 off a spend over £10 (if you've registered with both I believe, might be wrong on that.) I managed to get an 2100 points download code for £12 so it looks like it works on digital codes, if you're in a hurry for ms points at least. Happy shopping!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

No surprise there that Gameplay will be no more. I commented just a few months back that most games older than a couple of months were out of stock. Its such a shame really as the site used to be amazing value for games. Congrats to GAME for running it into the ground! 

I find it very interesting that its being merged into Gamestation's website then into Game.co.uk

That certainly does fuel the question to whether GAME will exist much longer. Having said that, not quite sure how Gamestation would be in a better situation than GAME since they are all owned by the GAME group. 

Just Checked My Junk and found the email in there! cheers!

[quote user="Zvonareva"]

That certainly does fuel the question to whether GAME will exist much longer. Having said that, not quite sure how Gamestation would be in a better situation than GAME since they are all owned by the GAME group. 

[/quote]Actually Gameplay.co.uk owns game & gamestation but they trade as the parent company The Game Group plc.

No point having 3 websites that sell same stock at same prices hence the merging of Gameplay & Gamestation.

[quote user="Noel Kriess"]

[quote user="Zvonareva"]

[/quote]Actually Gameplay.co.uk owns game & gamestation but they trade as the parent company The Game Group plc.

No point having 3 websites that sell same stock at same prices hence the merging of Gameplay & Gamestation.

[/quote]Sorry but you couldn't be more wrong, Game bought both gameplay and gamestation a few years ago not the other way round as you suggest.

Didn't even think of using my code for points - cheers for that.

Well, its actually Game Group PLC that is the Parent company, that owns/owned the three brands of GAME/Gamestation and the former existing Gameplay.

Our history

GAME Group has expanded strategically to capture new markets and customer groups as the global video games market has exploded in size.

Years of growth
1992 Established as Rhino Group
1993 Number of stores increased to 77 following acquisition of Virgin Games
1995 Electronics Boutique take part ownership, leading to a change in management and re-branding as Electronics Boutique
1997 Customer loyalty card launched attracting 300k members in first 5 months
1998 GAME acquired for £99 million, adding 86 stores
1998 First move to Europe with a store opened in Stockholm
2001 Centromail in Spain acquired (11 stores & 58 franchises), and Scoregames in France (37 stores)
2002 The Group announced a change in name to GAME Group plc and re-branded all stores to GAME
2004 Group HQ relocated to Basingstoke, UK. State of the art distribution centre opened
2006 Expansion into Australia (14 stores & 8 franchises)
2007 Acquired Gamestation, adding 217 UK stores. Global portfolio passes 1,000 stores
2008 Acquired JRC in Czech Republic, adding 19 stores

Their logo Branding is more in line with GAME as its main brand, with Gamestation 2nd to that and the others following after that. The parent company is selling off most of its European branding, and closing some of its GAME branding stores in the UK

Can we not just focus on what the OP has posted and get your cheap points! FFS the ego's off some people on here are getting worse!

[quote user="UnchargedTerror"]

Just Checked My Junk and found the email in there! cheers!

[/quote]you should wash more often then.