GameFly

For those who don't know, GameFly is a game rental service that you pay monthly for. I think it is $15 a month at full price, but you can get it for $8 or something around that. You can keep the game until you no longer want to play it, as long as your subscription is active you can keep any game as long as you want.

Anyways, earlier this year I used GameFly for about 3 months, I thought it was a really cool thing to be able to to rank your games from the one that you want the most, to the one you want the least in a list of 10 (I think). The only problem was, I never got a game I had ranked in the top 5. And also, I would put newly released games at the top of my list sometimes and never would get them. I have friends that have been using GameFly for a few years and they say they have never been able to rent a game that was released in the last 2 months. Like I said, I think it's a great idea, and I would love to pay for the service since I am only buying one launch title but am interested in a few others .. But until their service gets better, I won't consider it.

So, who on has used, is currently using, or plans to soon use GameFly? They claim that they will have X1 games to ship on release. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I used it years ago and had the same problem. Very rarely was able to get a game. Cancelled the service after 6 months. I was paying them for nothing.

I refuse to use them because of their service methods & from what I have heard from others. Personally, I would suggest relying on friends that buy the games & their input as well as various reviews & previews - then if you think you'd like a game enough, you should buy it. If it turns out not to be so great, then you could just return it for a refund & look into something else instead. It's what I do.

I had them for a few months. Their shipping back and forth was painfully slow. And like others said could never get games on top of your list. For me was not worth what I was paying a month.

Had them as well, it was a scam, never did I ever play a game that was release the same year.

I've been with Gamefly for over 2 months now and I always get games from #10 in the que or below.  I've been trying to get GTA 5 since it launched to no avail.  The turn around times are really bad unless you live close to a fulfillment center.  $22.95 a month and not really getting my $$$ worth imo.  Probably going to cancel at the end of the current cycle.

I used them for a few months and other than my first month never got new release games.I did buy a few games from them at nice prices.

I use them and it's been great to catch up on games that I skipped and have come back to. I never played AC until this year and I absolutely fell in love with it and have rented AC2 and 3 now. I also have Brotherhood and Revelations to play, but as for new releases, you just have to get lucky with it and hope for the best. Personally, I think I may have received one new release before and that's it. The service is great for catching up on missed games, but not to rent new games. I hope they have an abundance of stock for X1 games though. I'll be keeping it just because I love having the option there, but for those that want to use it to play the newest games, just read up on the game and get feedback from everywhere. If you like what you hear, then buy it and if you don't like it, trade it.

I used to use goozex for quite awhile and really liked it. It's a game trade site.

-

They basically fell apart about a year ago but looks like they are coming back. That's an option for you guys if you've never tried it.

-

I will be looking at it with next gen games for sure.

Just put the new releases In your game q like right after they show up on the site I always get mine like splinter cell black list and nhl 14

This sounds like the worst way to play games ever conceived if you ask me.