Game Updates

I put Forza 5 into my console earlier today and it started to install again from 99% is this an update? Or has something gone wrong? Obviously on the 360 it made you aware when you were due an update, do they just happen in the background on the X1?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

Might be an update. Yesterday when I started downloading/installing the update for DR3, it said "installing...95%".

They did an update for Forza last week. So if you haven't played it for a week or so l would guess it was the update.

When the update came out for Forza 5 when I inserted the disc, a black screen and a message appeared on the screen, saying Forza 5 needs an update, size 455mb.

It then went to 99% on the install and when finished it popped with ready to play.

^ This. An update should give you a warning message (I am not sure if the games are digital as I have no digital titles) but I know all disc based games prompt like this.

[quote user="MercilessTerror"]

I put Forza 5 into my console earlier today and it started to install again from 99% is this an update? Or has something gone wrong? Obviously on the 360 it made you aware when you were due an update, do they just happen in the background on the X1?

[/quote]same thing happened to me today with dead rising. I assume its a glitch as if it was a patch i would have been prompted.

I never get the warnings except for the blu-ray app everything else automatically updated for me. Guess I'm lucky or something.

I never seen an update. i know it happened when i come home and it shows in the notificatins that its ready to launch. it updates while i'm sleeping ;)

[quote user="MercilessTerror"]

[/quote]

This happened with my digital version of BF4, when it booted up it stated an update was required, I accepted and the install went to 98% and stopped, for quite some time too, I decided to cancel the update, bad move on my behalf, it deletes the whole game, I had to re download it, several hours later lol.

Same here. It would be nice if the notifications said 'updated' or something just so you know why suddenly there is a generic toast for a game/app in your notifications.

if you have it set to auto update, you won't get a notification pop up.  instead, what you'll see is a notification in your Notifications with the game tile there and a "Launch" option.  that's how it works for people that have auto update enabled.