Game tag change

Hi I've changed my game tag and now I'm unable to use my live account ..

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hi,

Have you tried to simply download your profile again to make sure the latest copy of your gamertag is downloaded from the LIVE servers? You can do so by pushing the middle button on your Xbox 360 controller and going to Download Profile. If you're currently signed into a profile, please press the blue X button on your controller so you can sign out. Once you're signed out you will then see the Download Profile button. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thankyou for your reply ..yes I've done this to no avail   I only bought the prepaid card a couple of weeks ago

And then I changed the game tag and then the problem started .i can still log into my live account and it says everything is working ok it also shows my new gametag on login so it's all gone thro ok...it seems like it's not allowing me to use  my prepaid gold membership with this gametag . Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Hm, that is quite weird, what happens when you attempt to redeem the code on this link here (Xbox.com/RedeemCode)?

If that's not working either, you may need to contact phone support as this seems there may be some sort of deeper issue with your account. 

Sorry this didn't help.