Game Stop and Microsoft

Game Stop is running a "deal" with Microsoft ! You can get either a 250gb slim model, OR a 4gb slim with kinect for only $99 ! All you have to do is.... sign up for Live for 24 months @ $14.99. So let us see.... 24mos @14.99 =$359.76 okay. Then only $99.00 for the console equals......$458.76!!!  What a "deal" for Microsoft huh? Hopefully people do the math and homework before buying into this "deal".

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Its just like buying anything else on HP/Finance there will be an interest rate on it. It may not seem to be a good deal for you but to some one who cant afford the console outright it may be

[quote user="NukaCola Man63"]Game Stop is running a "deal" with Microsoft ![/quote]No, it's not "with Microsoft". Microsoft started that program a while ago in their own stores. It was expanded to include more retailers in June, 2012, after being received positively in their own stores.

Sadly some people would rather pay the extra money instead of just saving up a little more.

Try buying a $500 HDTV from a Rent a Center, you'll end up paying close to $2,000.

Yet the only people who shop at rent a center are crackheads and people who refuse to pay their bills. Rent A Center is very popular in the ghetto. We have none in our northern suburbs. Normal people just finance with a major credit card or a store card that offers same as cash.

Way too stereotype?!

Stereotype? I have 25 rent a center stores within 11 miles of me. Every one of them with the exception of one is in a declining neighborhood or the straight up drug infested ghetto. Am I stereotyping or is Rent A Center targeting their demographic? These stores really do not exist on the good side of town. They are mainly in the slums. Now why would a person with any kind of credit spend 2k on a 500.00 television set? I have used them before but only to rent some loud speakers for a summer party.

The thing is though, that in the long run, the Xbox and 2 years live costs about $150.00 more than buying on outright, and buying the 2 years outright. Rent a center will have an OVER 500 percent gain on the item, minimum. Whereas with this deal, you pay about 25 percent more over the course of 2 years.

And with the deal, it is only $115.00 up front costs, instead of upfront costs of over $300.00, thats a difference of 60 percent.

I know math might not be your strong suit there NukaCola, but 15 seconds of calculations in my head can see the overall difference. (not just throwing one set of numbers out there in order to try to can some credibility for your arguement.)  So YES, it is a GREAT DEAL, if you dont have the money upfront and would like to pay a little more monthly over 2 years.

[quote user="Murderstyle75"]Now why would a person with any kind of credit spend 2k on a 500.00 television set?[/quote]The rest of your Post is fairly offensive, so I'll just not Reply to any of it but this. Because it's their Choice...

Offensive? Offensive that the city where most of our Rent A Center stores reside reported 386 murders for 2012? Offensive because there has even been talks about bringing the National Guard in to fight the drug and murder rate? And how is it people's choice to shop that way, getting last years model for 400% of the price? The kinds of televisions they sell for 2k are the exact models furniture stores throw into a 2K living room bundle? These rental stores reside in the same exact locations as the used car lots that sell 2k and 3k beaters with close to 200,000 miles on them for 7 to 8k before the 25% interest because they don't check their credit. Is that their choice as well?