Game speed

Hi

I am a mediocre player on the 360 playing Cod black ops.

Some days I do fairly well and other days I am rubbish but still manage to have a laugh.

Those days I am rubbish I have noticed my connection speed to be well out of the green but jumping between the connection speeds colour range.

Can anyone explain to me what causes this drop in consistant connection speeds ?

Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Try simplifying your network set up.

Instead of Modem --> Router --> Xbox

Try Modem --> Xbox

[quote user="zzrpilot"]

Hi

I am a mediocre player on the 360 playing Cod black ops.

Some days I do fairly well and other days I am rubbish but still manage to have a laugh.

Those days I am rubbish I have noticed my connection speed to be well out of the green but jumping between the connection speeds colour range.

Can anyone explain to me what causes this drop in consistant connection speeds ?

Thanks

[/quote]

Are you with Virgin Media by any chance?

No I use Sky.

I have to say so far I am not impressed with sky.

The Xbox is connected straight into the modem.

If someone else is the host could they affect other players connection ?

Yup, especially if it's a septic. I'm afraid unless you're host then your connection will more than likely fluctuate.

Hi Fatmond, Whats a septic ?

[quote user="zzrpilot"]

Hi Fatmond, Whats a septic ?

[/quote]

Septic tank = Yank

American, lol.

Set the matchmaking settings in black ops to local only and see if it helps.

also do a speed test and ping test on your line from speedtest.net, if you have any packets loss on your ping test then you may have a fault on your line.

Ran speedtest and upload speed is 0.6 and download speed is 5.8 and thats using the old telephone wires.

I run in open as some of the guys in the US I play with have asked me to set it to open.

It was set to local.

Recently I have found my connection to be much better managing to obtain a kill to death of 29/13 mostly on a free for all game whereas on a team game my game play really suffers.....lol

Lol....... septic tank