Game Room Thread

I'm just trying to stimulate some talk about game room, and get some friends who are interested in it. Maybe we canadians can help each other out! I am new to game room but am looking forward to playing the games I grew up with! Hope there are others out there.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

PLease do! :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm interested in getting some achievements for Game Room. Would you people care if I added you so I could invite you for a game?

Sorry this didn't help.

Paperboy, ha ha, I think that there was even a Paperboy 2 if memory serves me right...:-)

Sorry this didn't help.

Excellent. Thanks for the insight. I'll check it out. I've since downloaded all the game packs. There are only so many games i am really interested in. Beginning to think that my arcade will be limited. I hope they will release more retro games. There are just so many. Anyone remeber the original Ghostbusters? How about Blue Max or paperboy? I had hoped to find these here as well. Maybe in the future...

Sorry this didn't help.

I would suggest you look for the C.A.D.E.R.S group (a nice community of retro gaming that started around with the release of Game Room) on FaceBook to add friends to your Game Room. Unfortunately, Game Room has been around for quite some time (over a year now), many went through most/all of the content it provides, and the Dev Krome failed to fulfil expectations and promises of delivering over 1000 games/games cabinet to Game Room and, not entirely sure here but, i think Krome closed doors after a mass layoff.

Anywho, i really recommend you check C.A.D.E.R.S as i'm sure they will at least point you in the right direction to find active Game Room users.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ah, I liked Pitfall... and then there was A Boy and His Blob (done by the same guy, David Crane)... now that game was great back in the day! A little cheap... but weren't all games back then (though a lot of the time, the cheapness was due to poor play control... slow or unresponsive).

I wanted a lot from Game Room, but I felt it never really delivered on what it could have been. That, and I own pretty much all the arcade games I ever wanted right in XBLA anyways. It was lacking all the namco, capcom, and some key konami classics.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ah yes! Pitfall. One of my personal favorites. I prefered Pitfall II but spent hours playing it on my commador 64. Lol it was a portable. Giant thing with a hard road case lol. Pitfall II will be the first game I purchase.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm a bit green at the Game Room as well, started setting up an arcade when I first downloaded it, but it got a little confusing when navigating around the menus.  Lots of great relics of the past in there, however, I never thought I'd ever see 'Astrosmash' again, that old Intellivision classic, or, the game that put Activision on the launch pad before it soared to the outer limits of game development, Pitfall.  Hard to believe that not all that long ago, OK about a quarter of a century, that we used stare at pictures of the older consoles in Sears catalogues and dream of owning one with all of those game cartridges, now you can just download them in minutes for a fraction of the cost...:-)

Sorry this didn't help.