GAME ripping me off

Went down to my local GAME today to get tomb raider and I traded in dead rising towards it and was meant to get it for £14.99 but instead I checked the receipt on way home and turns out traded dead rising in for £27 and charged me £17 instead of 14.99 and they didn't even take off my £5 pre order

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Go back, explain the situation, sort your money out. Next time you'll be more careful about how much you hand over and check your receipts before you leave.

Just did they said I'll get £15 off my next game

So how are you being ripped off?

You're going to be buying a new game in the future anyway, so why not use this as an opportunity to buy Titanfall at £15 off?

Then you can rub your friends' nose in it that you paid less. :D

While I do have some sympathy, I am a little surprised that you first realised this when checking your receipt on the way home. Did you show them your preorder receipt? If it had been me, there is no way I would have left the shop until the situation was resolved.

I hope they sort it out for you.

Well considering you lost £8, £15 off your next game is actually quite good. You've been far from ripped off, they've made a simple mistake and as I say, you'll be more careful in future. I always check my change whether I've spent £1 or £1000.

Ahh, well I guess the outcome was good :)

I have always checked my stuff when it comes to buying from a store. I was in gamestation once and I was buying Resident Evil 5 for a bargain price. I come home, sit down, slap on the good old 360, open my game case and... no game was in the case.

Lessons learned the hard way eh :D

[quote user="CloudStrife 900"]

Ahh, well I guess the outcome was good :)

I have always checked my stuff when it comes to buying from a store. I was in gamestation once and I was buying Resident Evil 5 for a bargain price. I come home, sit down, slap on the good old 360, open my game case and... no game was in the case.

Lessons learned the hard way eh :D

[/quote]

Very true.

14 years ago I ended up in a church talking to a vicar for a while, walked out with this odd woman hanging from my arm, still don't know what happened but she's been with me ever since :-/

( If I don't post anymore on these forums you know she's seen this and I'm buried in the garden )

I'm ill I walked in handed over my ore order receipt put my card in and entered my pin she never told me how much then I walked out and I made thei status before I went back

I must admit that I tend to be pretty bad at checking my receipt.

But I always make the mistake of not paying attention when I'm being rung up, and I could easily be OVERCHARGED without realizing it. Guess we both have something we have to do better on, OP.