Game RIP OFF!

Hi all

Loving my new Xbox One and have a voucher for Game (UK retailer).

Their website lists prices for a controller with play and charge kit as 'on offer' at £74.99! On the MS store it's £59.99. Similarly their play and charge kit is listed at £24.99.

I refuse to get ripped off but want to use the voucher I have. I noticed they did this last year when the WiiU came out (I bought the accessories from Sainsbury).

I basically just wanted to ask if anyone has seen these prices in their stores as I won't get chance to get down there until later in the week and if anyone has any experience of them price matching.

Cheers

Dene 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Why is there a funny looking E in front of your money?

@Lestat...I hope your being witty.

-

If you really don't know, it's the symbol for the pound.

Play and charge kit in Game is £19.99.

-

Granger Games have games like Battlefield 4 for £47.99, and in Game it is £54.99, I've been shopping at Game for about 15 years so will always support them

the funny looking E lol man you come across some people now iv seen it all

GAME are charging more than anywhere else which led me to shop elsewhere. I guess they do it because they know people will still buy from them despite the higher prices as they are a well known shop dedicated to gaming. I refuse to spend £54.99 on a game though, so I put the 3 games I was going to buy back and went to ASDA and saved £30 :)

Its all abit of a rip off in Game, Prices for the X1 games are £54.99 was abit surprising as I am sure I remember both MS and Sony saying that their first party published games wouldn't cost any more than current (X360/ps3) games, which is at most £49.99.

Or did I dream that bit?

I preordered my console with GAME online and I got Forza 5 and CoD Ghosts for £49.99 each. I was therefore more than a little surprised when I walked into my local GAME store on Saturday and saw that their prices had mysteriously increased. I guess the price I paid was only valid because I preordered in June. I've currently got about £16 worth of reward points on my GAME card so I'll use them to buy my next game and then take my custom elsewhere.

I can't understand it though, why would they do that? Surely the RRP of the extra controller is £59.99 yet they choose to sell it on their website at a whopping £74.99. How they not being pulled up on that?

Anyway, i'll check out the price instore later in the week and if they can't price match i'll take my funny looking E quids elsewhere.

D

Went into game on saturday morning  to buy a controller with play and charge kit and was shocked to be told it was indeed £74.99 and had gone up in price from £59.99 over night on microsofts instruction.  Funny that the price hasnt increased anywhere else !    Was told by the assistant that it was cheaper to buy a controller for £44.99 and a separate play and charge kit for £24.99, which I did but only because I had a game gift card with £60.00 on it, but I definately wont be shopping there again

I go into my local game on a regular basis and this staff kinda know me now, plus I get all my purchases on my reward card, got £10 worth of points for buying the Xbox One on pre-order, which will very nicely go towards an Xbox One game or the PS4 in a few months.

-

Yeah as mentioned above, you pay a little bit extra, but the service from GAME is fabulous, and all the staff are gamers themselves, rather go to GAME because of this reason