Game DVR will not record with multiple reset methods tried and tech support called

• Anytime I attempt to record I receive an error. Called tech support spoke with them for 45 minutes and tried the following.  They had me try and I also tried multiple games, hard reset, factory reset, deleting Xbox account and readding account, multiple setting changes to no avail. The error codes I received are 0x8232300b, 0x80004005 and 0x82323012. Any help would be great. My Xbox is only 2-3 weeks old. I need to know if I should exchange it at the store before my 30 days is up or is there an actual fix that will work. Tired of the down time. Especially when my friends told me theirs works right out of the box. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 31 Applies to:

Now I am receiving another new error code 0x82323004 for my game dvr. Absolutely nothing works. anyone with any kind of suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Also while I'm playing a game and snap the game dvr my picture to the game goes completely blank and does not show up until I unsnap the game dvr. Xbox record that voice command does not work as well.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'd strongly recommend having it exchanged at the shop.

Sorry this didn't help.

So did one final test before I did. I disconnected the console and hooked it up to another TV and the game dvr and Xbox record that function worked perfectly. Is there any reason why it'd work on one TV and not another. The TV it worked on is a current model Vizio and the one it didn't work on was an older Panasonic. Both have hdmi inputs. Is there any reason the older TV would render the game dvr useless.

Sorry this didn't help.

This indeed is pretty strange. As the game DVR is not recording the screen of your TV but the output of the grafic chip it indeed is related to the current video output settings. But it should not be affected by the TV itself.

What's happening of you choose "hdmi" instead of "auto" in the TV connection settings? Any difference?

Sorry this didn't help.

I still have the same setting with the older TV. I'll have to play around with the video settings and see if anything changes.

Sorry this didn't help.