Game Disc getting hot in Slim xbox

Hi all!I have had my slim (250 gb)console for about a year now. I recently noticed that the games I play on disc for about 30 mins to an hour get unusually warm.  None of the games I have installed on my console get warm.  For example I played black ops for like an hour today and the disc was pretty hot and its not installed to my harddrive. I have my system laying down flat next to my flat screen tv on my dresser.  I was wondering if anyone else had this issue or is it just me?   I am considered because I am afraid the heat might damage the game discs. Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 180 Applies to:

my games as well get hot while playing them off the disk as opposed to off the hard drive. I would install it if you can. Nothing should happen to the game - there have been no reports of them getting hot enough to melt.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

the disc is always spinning around in the disc tray, it will heat up. Like every dvd/cd that spins will create heat, best idea is to install to the hard drive and allow it to read from their, uses the disc for like a second to verify that you have the game then it uses straight from the hard drive.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have had three dics melt on me within the year. Halo Wars, Sims 3 and Sims 3 Pets which I bought yesterday. I play many other games and had no problems so I do not know why only these games get hot. I also noticed Deus Ex got really hot but did not melt on me. Both Deus Ex and Sims 3 was installed. I sent my Xbox 360 slim in a few months ago telling them this problem and went three weeks without it so they can tell me nothing was wrong with it. I do not understand why most games do not have this problem but these four do. I played Batman and Halo Reach for hours longer and it does not come out hot. I got a PS3 so I would hate to buy these Sims games for that crappy system but seems Microsoft might force me too. Any suggestions

Sorry this didn't help.

Spinning a small plastic disc at several thousand RPM through the air causes the disc to heat up? Say it isn't so!

It's normal. Install your games.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah sure but heating them up a lot hotter then other games and warping the games is not normal. Thanks for nothing IceStorm

Sorry this didn't help.

The discs should warm up a bit during normal operation, but if they're getting so hot that they're getting damaged then there's definately something wrong. About all we can suggest is call support and send in your xbox for a repair.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="SinZinDetta"]Yeah sure but heating them up a lot hotter then other games and warping the games is not normal.[/quote]That's a manufacturing thing. Game discs have had varying degrees of thickness for a while.

Again, install your games.

Sorry this didn't help.

SinZin, based on your posts, please call phone support about the issue ASAP.

Sorry this didn't help.