Game data consumption

Does anyone know approx. How much data the elder scrolls online uses? I have satelite internet and i have a cap of 150 gb a month. Will it be worth it to buy eso, or will it just eat all my data Also does anyone know how much data most multiplayer games use as well as say netflix or even just the xboxone just being idle? Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:
Answer

Hello

There is no exact hard number to specify how much data a game uses the biggest chunk of data goes to updates, however since Elder Scrolls Online is an online only game you'll need proper internet speed and ping which may be an issue with satellite internet. Same goes for Netflix, it all depends on which subscription you have SD or HD and how much you watch.

The Xbox One required these internet speeds, ping is best between below 60 though for multiplayer, you can do a speed test here http://www.speedtest.net/ and compare that with the speeds below. Be aware that Speedtest.net uses Megabit instead of Megabyte so if you get a value of lets say 60Mbps you'll have to divide that value by 8 to get the speed in Megabytes.

Online gaming SD video streaming HD video streaming
Download speed 3 MB/s or 3,000
KB/s
1 MB/s or 1,000
KB/s
3.5 MB/s or 3,500
KB/s
Upload speed 0.5 MB/s or 500
KB/s
N/A N/A
Ping Less than
150 milliseconds
Less than
150 milliseconds
Less than
150 milliseconds

To give an example, I use A LOT of internet

My Xbox is on Instant On at the moment so it download updates whenever they're out, I'm also in the NXOE program so constant updates on top of that also a few beta's which have large updates.

My usage from

8/18/2015-9/17/2015=180GB
7/18/2015-8/17/2015=325GB

Take into account that I am a high internet user so you can easily halve that bandwidth usage.

Also being idle my Xbox One uses about 50-500B/s that's Bytes per second so not a lot at all.

For years I had been on a similar data cap as you and I didn't have any issues, just make sure to put your Xbox on Powersaving mode so it doesn't download updates automatically which saves you bandwidth.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.