Game Content Rules clarification/Advice

Ive read the Game Content Rules over

And ive got a major question involving my Machinima

I plan on making a machinima in Halo, using NO Halo Characters, Names, Worlds, Etc, only the music. I plan on making my own universe. However, I plan on using this universe in a Video game. And I dont want to use the characters in a machinima, if it gets me into legal trouble

This is the paragraph I have issuies with

'If you add to the game universe or expand on the story told in the game with “lost chapters” or back story or anything like that, distribution of your Item in any form constitutes a grant by you of a royalty-free, non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide, license to Microsoft and any of Microsoft’s partners to use and distribute that Item (and derivatives of that Item) for any purpose and without obligation to pay you anything or credit you. This means that your story or idea may appear in a future game without any compensation to you.  (Sorry, but our lawyers tell us we need to do this in order to avoid frivolous lawsuits getting in the way of making more great games.) "

Now, my stories would not be lost stories of Halo, they would be mine.

What happens if I use them in a video game, and sell/patent/copywrite/whathaveyou it?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

That would be in conflict. ( To sell/patent/copywrite/whathaveyou ) unless you get expressed consent from the game publisher, but you CAN make machinima... Hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.