Future game releases now $69.99

While web surfing for a new xbox one game to play, I noticed the cost for future game releases are now $69.99.  Current new releases are at least still $59.99. Does any one knows if the cost of these future releases (like Watch Dogs) will go up $10 on the xbox market place as well?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I noticed this too. I went to buy Wolfenstein today and it was 69. 99$  WHAT really upsets me is the fact that Microsoft said prices would not go up like the way SONY put their prices up. I guess we now know what Microsoft's word is like. Personally, I have a massive library of store bought (brand new) games. And a 10$ increase is unacceptable. I can see maybe a few dollars but 10$ is just pure greed especially since we also buy DLC content with a number of games.  I challenge anyone from Microsoft to personally defend this terrible decision to alienate their canadian customers.  Im an extremely unhappy customer at this point in time.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Prices are indeed being changed due to inflation and the consequences related to it. Even though prices are going up, profit margins for companies are more or less the same. While this isn't exactly the same across the board, it's - in many ways - the case.

It's certainly not a desirable change. I assume the prices WILL increase as it's often a universal retail price.

-----

"I challenge anyone from Microsoft to personally defend this terrible decision to alienate their canadian customers.  Im an extremely unhappy customer at this point in time."

-----

There's not much to defend because it's not much of a decision to be made. Companies want their share, and when getting the rights to sell the product becomes more expensive so does the retail price. The profit margin of however many dollars and some cents stays practically the same.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ongoing price increases in various things including video games are caused by parts of the cyclic economy.

These artificial cycles consist of:

1. circulatory inflation where the amount of money in circulation is too great,

2. currency devaluation where a country's ability to repay their sovereign debt is downgraded by bond rating companies based on factors like employment levels, balance of trade, the valuation of a country's known natural resource commodities, etc, or bond traders issuing massive put options on a country's bonds (See George Soros Pound Sterling Black Wednesday 1997).

Soros in particular was able to devalue the British pound by placing massive amounts of put options, then having a large credit market allowing borrowing more of the devalued pound sterling from politically directed international bankers for Soros to purchase more put options on the pound in a continuous death spiral that resulted for Soros a profit of about US$1 Billion in only a few days time. When the illogical politics of the situation were corrected, the death spiral was put to an immediate halt, but not reversed much if at all.

Soros apparently has done this same kind of currency devaluation scheme in handfuls of countries that have suffered negative consequences.

3. corrupt world monetary system controlled by those who control the supply of money

(a) by
  (i) creating fiat money from nothing,
  (ii) inflating the money supply by loaning check book (promise to pay) computer generated ledger money out by buying various countries' compound interest bearing bonds, or
  (iii) lowering interest rates,
  (iv) liberalizing loan qualification criteria (banking policies), lending huge sums of money even to formerly unqualified borrowers who did not have stable incomes.

These actions create huge monetary liquidity in the market and result in increased investments in new ventures, research and development, hiring of new employees, increased competition, innovation, increased standards of living, rising levels of employment, increased profits, rising stock market, spending on non-essentials like holidays, travel, sports, recreation, charitable donations, etc, but increased country sovereign debt that grows at varying levels of compound interest.

(b) by
   (i) collapsing the money supply by privately controlled central banks selling their compound interest bearing bonds for cash to decrease the amount of cash in circulation,
   (ii) raising interest rates,
  (iii) calling in all loans (collapsing or crunching credit availability),
  (iv) issuing no more loans to anyone so that less liquid cash is available to businesses, investors, and traders on the stock exchanges.

These actions cause an economic crash where businesses fire or lay off many of their employees and the remainder of the employees are in fear of losing their jobs so employees hunker down (increase their rate of saving), and stop buying anything except for the necessities in life (non-cyclical things): food, water, shelter, heat, medicine/medical care--or maintenance of these.  While unemployed a person may lose their home and life / retirement savings due in part to the drops in the stock market, etc. Smaller banks are purchased by larger ones who under globalist control, decreasing competition.

Around 2011-2012 the Canadian dollar was at or above par with the US Federal Reserve Bank note (US dollar) because globalist tycoons had set the US dollar world price for petroleum quite high per barrel, driving the Canadian dollar up while the USA was radically increasing its money supply (inflation).

Because of the 2008 credit crunch and resulting economic downturn that saw unemployment rise world wide, within 2013-2014, the globalist tycoons could and did drop the world price for petroleum by 50%+, that drove the Canadian dollar to steadily decrease in value against the US Fed Reserve Bank note (US dollar), even though the US dollar money supply had been heavily devalued (inflated) by "quantitative easing" since the 2008 credit crunch that was caused by credit default swap derivatives trading bubble that saw 1.14 Quadrillion US dollars change hands by companies like Wall Street investment houses (Goldman Sachs) issuing their own credit loans to make the trades (gambling bets)--some, even against their own clients. These investment houses, insurance companies, and banks were then bailed out by the US tax payer under the direction of the George Bush administration supported by then Senator Obama.

This 2008 collapse was set in motion by law changes established in 1999 by outgoing US President Bill Clinton that permitted the trading of derivatives where previously these were forbidden by laws established during the 1929-1939 Great Depression.  Although Bush was cautioned about the growing derivatives bubble / credit crunch, his insider advisers who came from Goldman Sachs and the US Fed Reserve system told him to stay the course with the Clinton laws.  Obama, likewise, has not put a stop to this derivatives bubble machine that likely has been causing ongoing havoc with credit markets.

There are many web documents and videos that are critical of corruption in our current system. In the end hired goons will come to your door, if necessary, to make you comply with whatever the latest scheme is that was planned in advance by globalist tycoons.

It strikes me as not so coincidental that the goals of the globalists equal those of the 1700s Bavarian Order of the Illuminati, and those of global Communism.  Evidence has been slowly coming out that capitalist globalists have been responsible for supporting communism as a dialectic force to oppose capitalism so that periodic wars can be waged between sides so that war profiteering can happen to consolidate power for the ones at the top.

See (Antony C Sutton research fellow Stanford university Hoover Institution Wall Street Hitler Bolshevik Revolution FDR).

See (Professor Carroll Quigley Georgetown Harvard Princeton Tragedy and Hope scribd).

See (Bill Still Money Masters)

See (Stuart Wilde "the mastery of money")

See (Rockefeller conspiracy to take over the oil industry)

See (Rockefeller IG Farben Drugs OR pharmaceuticals)

See (Jekyll island federal reserve Christmas eve 1913)

See (Consent of the Governed: The Freeman Movement Defined (FULL FILM))

See (Oh Canada Our Bought and Sold Out Land youtube)

See (Robert Menard bursting bubbles of government deception)

See (Robert Menard thinkfree Magnificent Deception)

Sorry this didn't help.