Furious Part 3

Hi

I posted a while back my disgust at having been treated so badly by both Toys R Us and Microsoft.  A console purchased  for my seven year old son stopped working 2 months after xmas.  It was after an XBox live update, and we were basically told that we had used illegitimate software and so the warranty was now void.

We were disgusted, and Toys R Us stood by Microsoft decisions.  Many users on this forum thought there was "something fishy" about my account of the story (i.e. I was actually a pirate and had been caught red handed).

We actually managed to bypass all humans and log a repair via the internet (thus bypassing all accusing humans)...so we got there in the end, but going through a process we should never have had to go through.

Today we received this from MS by email.

Dear xxx,

Regarding your Xbox 360 console: Console ID _0xxxx

Following a recent update to our system software, we have become aware of an issue that is preventing a very small number of Xbox 360 owners from playing retail game discs.  

We have been able to detect this issue over Xbox LIVE and want to replace your console with a new Xbox 360S with 250GB hard drive at no charge to you.

To start the console replacement process, please go to https://myservice.xbox.com and click on: “Start a repair request” 
-    Here you will need to validate your Windows Live ID, Xbox 360 serial number and contact details (email, postal address and phone number) so that we can send you your replacement console.
-    This offer is only for Console ID _0xxxx. Click here  for the steps to locate your Console ID.  When you are prompted for a description of your issue, please enter  “Xbox 360 Console replacement request” into the description field.

You will need to send your existing Xbox 360 console to Microsoft, and we apologize for this inconvenience. We will send you a free shipping label and materials along with your replacement console. After we receive your current console, we will send you a code for a one year Xbox LIVE subscription at no charge to you.

Please note that this offer is valid only until September 30th, 2011.

Should you have any further questions regarding this, please contact Xbox Customer Support.

Regards,

Xbox Customer Support

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I very sorry for the experience you have had so far. Is there an currently an issue that we might be able to help you with?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

An apology would be nice (so thanks). My son had 1 months use of his Xbox after Santa delivered it, and then it was bricked by your Live update clashing with a fault on my console....and the worse thing is being accused of something we didn't do..and no-one believing us (not even on the forums - with a few exceptions).  No smoke without fire after all.

i dont even know if I need the repair as I managed to "trick" microsoft into fixing it via a web repair...but that was in February..so who knows if the fault still lurks within it (hence the email).  If it is fixed I would rather them send me something else in compensation.  A £40 hard disk and a £50 subscription for the stress and false accusations, not to mention how upset my son was..seems a bit crass.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.