Friends that are online or offline

Okay like around 10 o'clock in the morning i left to go out and around 3 pm i come back online and it says 0 friends online,offline, and 0 friends so i come on this xbox support and nothing there lines are full a bunch of peoples accounts are failing and yea but i never had this before soo i'm wonder wtf happened and plus dose anyone know how to fix this

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Xbox Live has acknowledged that, oh yes, they have a problem.  Not so much answering the WTF part of your question, but here's my best attempt to explain what happened.

(they screwed up.. the end) no, just kidding.

I'm very sorry that you're having this problem too.  There were a large number of Xbox Live subscribers who were unable to connect this afternoon.  As of 11:30 CST, there is still a service alert on the main support page that addresses your issue in more detail (as well as other problems that the XBL staff are working on as quickly as possible).  In addition to not being able to send and receive messages, some users are still temporarily unable to access their friends list.

This is a very upsetting issue to many, I am sure, especially if you play on XBL often, and play team-based games with people you know (Call of Duty, Halo, Rock Band, Battlefield, Gears).  The good folks at XBox tech support have assured us that they are working on this issue and hope to have it resolved soon.  I was unable to get on Xbox live for about three hours earlier, and still can't access saved data in a couple of games.

For more information, visit the following link:

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-status

If there are any issues outstanding, they are described in more detail there (instead of just getting an error message and code when you try to fix it on your console.

You're not alone.  I think there are many unhappy XBL subscribers who pay good money for this service, and they shouldn't have to pay for problems.  I'll be alongside you, praying that they fix this like, NOW.

Best of luck,

Envy

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.