Friends list cap lowered to 40? Someone can't send a friend request due to max friend limit reached

A friend got a new gamertag, and tried to send a friend request. He told me he keeps getting a message saying my friends list is full. I've always heard the max is 100, but I only have 43. I had 44, but I removed his old gamertag and he is still getting the max friend list error message.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there - are you still having this issue?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

well my xbox live gold membership expired and now I can't exchange messages at all, which is retarded. I was able to send message before when I had a silver membership, why can't I now? Its bullshit. Because of stupid little things like this Microsoft does its making me want to avoid any Microsoft products. I recently switched to Mac computers, maybe ill just say forget it and play ps3 for now on. Even though Microsoft is one of the world's largest companies and has products all around the world, they continue to act like they don't earn any profit at all.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi! instead of getting him to send you a friends request why don't you tryin sending him one.

Sorry this didn't help.