We're excited to announce that we've fully migrated the Xbox Forums to their new home, here on the Microsoft Community forums!
As of today, going to forums.xbox.com will redirect you here to the Xbox area of the Community forums. We've moved all of your existing threads over so you can continue and start conversations with the new forums experience.
We sincerely appreciate the feedback you have provided over this transition and can't wait for you to check out the new Xbox Forums!
Okay so I try to join a certain friends party/game and I can't. It is also vice versa. I have changed NAT, port, UPNP, everything and nothing seems to work. Our NAT settings are the same. Just trying to figure out how to fix this. Thanks.
A sequential power cycle is the first step in clearing connection problems, and
the order and timing of the steps is important to success:
1) turn off the Xbox and unplug the power supply cord from the back of the Xbox then
2) unplug power from the router (Some folks have a combination modem-router AKA 'gateway' or only use a modem with no router. If either, skip steps 3 & 6).
3) unplug power from the modem.
4) Wait at least 5 minutes then replug the modem/gateway power.
5) Wait 'til the light on the front of the modem/gateway which says BROADBAND, ONLINE, READY, CABLE or DSL is on solid (not flashing), then plug in the router. If you have a gateway instead of a modem and router or a modem with no router, then when
that light says it's ready, skip to step 7.
6) Wait until the WiFi light on the router is on; you may or may not use WiFi, but it's still a good indicator your router is finished booting up.
7) Plug in and turn on the Xbox. If the problem persists, please send us the info we need so we may work on this further:
How many Xboxen do you have connected?
What Country/State/Province do you live in?
Modem brand & model number:
Router brand & model number:
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.