Friend used wrong account for purchase

A friend of mine recently purchased Minecraft, but since we were playing splitscreen he accidently used my account. how do i transfer the game to him?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

What you are talking about (License Transferring) and transferring a game to someone else's gamertag are two different things. When someone buys something off of the market place 2 licenses are issued

1. The Gamertag

2. The console the game was purchased.

Those are the only licenses that are issued. You can not transfer a license from one gamertag to another. What license transferring is, is when you transfer the license from one console to another, not from one gamertag to another.

It is very unfortunate what happened to your friend but the bottom line is your gamertag and the the console it was purchased on owns the license and there is no way to transfer that license to your friend. Unfortunately keanakalia was correct when she said that he would have to buy the game under his gamertag, If he wants to own the game himself.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You can transfer the licenses for any downloadable content for your own account. That doesn't transfer the game itself form one account to another though. The license transfer tool is set up for when you purchase a new console and need to switch your gamer profile from one console to another.

Sorry this didn't help.

hmmmm... i could have sworn that there was a way to transfer the license.

Sorry this didn't help.

The game won't be able to be transferred to him unfortunately. He would have to buy it again with his own gamertag.

Sorry this didn't help.