Friend requests not working?

Hi

Today I noticed on my Surface Xbox Live Tile that I had a pending friend request. However when I open the app or check on Xbox.com there is no pending request.

I sent the person a message to check if they had sent it and they confirmed they had and was still showing as pending on their end.

I have 97 on my FL at the moment so there is space and it should be showing, and idea to what is wrong? This isn't the first time I've noticed this happen either.

Cheers,

IRB

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1,082 Applies to:

When you log onto the xbox is the friend request missing there as well?  Have you tried logging out of all locations that could possibly have a connection to your live profile?  Are you using windows 8 on any other pc in the house and is it active at the moment?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm currently at work so sadly can't play the xbox, but I will check it when I get home.

The multiple locations shouldn't be an issue as the request should be sitting on the back end servers awaiting me to accept/reject it. It won't just be delivered to a single device then ignore everywhere else.

I would expect xbox.com to be showing correctly regardless of other devices, very strange.

IRB

Sorry this didn't help.

Could be cached settings of your browser at work.  Do you know if your organization uses some sort of web filtering such as Blue Coat or Websense? Those web filtering applications will keep a page cached. Sometimes you can resolve the issue yourself, by hitting CTRL+F5 in the browser or clear your browser session (cookies, history, etc)

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah, we don't use anything like that. I've tried the Ctrl+F5 etc and even checked xbox.com on my Windows Phone with wifi disconnected so it is using 3G and still nowt.

I'll check the xbox when I get home and then double check with the dude that it is still pending at his end.

IRB

Sorry this didn't help.

There seems to be a lag in the app on windows 8, I think this might be the issue.

IRB

Sorry this didn't help.

It won't let me send a request to a specific person. Their not getting the request. What should I do?

Sorry this didn't help.

It could be that their friends list is full. If this is the case, they won't see your request. Get them to check that first.

IRB

Sorry this didn't help.

@ChachieeChintzy: It could also be that your own friend list is full. If so, delete a few and send the request again.

Note that on Xbox.com and Xbox 360, you can only have 100 friends - and that includes the sum of confirmed friends, pending requests sent and pending requests incoming.

However, in future do please create your own thread for a separate issue as this one was a year old and resolved.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Sorry this didn't help.