Friend Request issues

My account, Two Faced Levi , has been having trouble with friend request. I can't receive them and when I send them out my friends can't get them. We do not have each other blocked. We can send messages and invites to games and parties to each other but it won't allow me to get friend request from anyone. I tried everything, tested connection, I fixed my block list in privacy settings, deleted and redownloaded my account. Nothing seems to work. I have the preview dashboard but not sure if that's what is effecting me. Then on that account it won't let me on the forums either so the problem has to be the account. Been like this for 3-4 weeks now. So I need microsoft's help in fixing this problem. I know 100% that something is wrong with my account and they need to fix.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 97 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have the same problem sending and receiving friend request so it must be Microsoft not ur account hope they fix it soon

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm trying to decline a FR and it won't go away. It's very annoying.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've noticed this happens time to time. It could be a server related issue, it usually corrects itself in a few days, I find.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, guys! Very sorry to see any issues adding friends! We've got some troubleshooting you guys can try here, and if they don't help out, I'll ask you to send me a private message.

• Try adding your friend here on xbox.com by hovering over your gamertag on the top right, selecting Friends, and then searching for their GT there.
  • Add your friend on your Xbox One console, if you have one. Be sure to have them check out their Activity Alerts in their Activity Feed if you go this route. Friend notifications are similar to Twitter in you can friend someone, but they won't be your friend on their side. So you will need to have them add you after you add them.
  • Add your friend on Xbox One Smartglass. (Don't need to connect to a console to use it, but you may need to follow the instructions above!)

PLEASE NOTE: You will not be able to see friends added on Xbox One or the website on your 360. This is to test if you are able to add these users outside of the 360 to narrow down the issue.

Please let us know how that works! :) If you are still unable to add friends any of these ways, please send me a private message detailing the friend's gamertag that you are unable to add, and the amount of friends you have. Echo, please send me a private message using your Two Faced Levi account. You both can send me a private message by clicking the envelope at the bottom of my post.

Sorry this didn't help.

Misses Quinzel i did notice that i can still add them on xbox one and the smartglass for xbox one its just u cant add or receive the friend request on xbox 360  

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello everybody. I too am affected by the problem but part of the problem has been resolved for me. I have been discussing it in multiple threads but it looks to me like everybody who has posted here recently is experiencing the full problem. You can still follow people on Xbox One but unfortunately troubleshooting steps don't work. But it was partially fixed for me and was told that the investigating teams fixed it. So they can resolve it for you but it is quite the hassle and also it would be more efficient if they fixed the problem as a whole for everybody.

Sorry this didn't help.

redraptor987 - As we have stated previously, please let us do our jobs so that we can assist these customers. We are required to ask the troubleshooting steps, regardless if they work or not. It is information that we need to pass along to the investigating teams, and users are required to attempt them. If they do not work, that is fine, but we still need the users to attempt them so we have the full story of what is not working for them. Please keep troubleshooting for your issue in your thread. Thanks for understanding.

Oscargunna - I have received your private message and responded to you. Thanks for sending it to me! You can check for your private messages here. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Well I am not receiving any replies to my thread so that is not an option and it is not just MY issue. And this is what I meant by hassle. Yes you can investigate and eventually fix it but not without asking obvious questions even though everybody knows that these cases are all related. And anyway, I posted on this thread to discuss the issue with others who have the problem to help them and also to help me resolve the remaining part of my issue. If you are not going to reply to my post on my thread directed at you: the support, then please don't bother replying to me anywhere else when I am discussing with other gamers.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey redraptor! We were waiting on a gamertag sent to Mister Beep, and still have not received that. If you would like further support, please refer to the steps that we need you to do in the thread I've posted above. Any information or help you provide for other users will not assist them, as this is something only we at Microsoft can resolve.

Please shoot Mister Beep that private message with the gamertag that you are having troubles with, and the time of day you last attempted to add them. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes you are right, only you can fix this. However, since you are refusing to acknowledge that this is a widespread issue and are treating cases individually that won't be possible. All I can do is let people know that this is a widespread issue and that it is not just them being affected. And with regards to my thread, I didn't think it was necessary since this is a broad issue and that specific gamertags wouldn't matter and also I posted on the thread afterwards with the right information because my last post had wrong information in it and I was expecting a reply. But if you really need the gamertag then I'll send it to him.

Sorry this didn't help.