Friend and I are having connectivity issues. Any suggestions?

To make this short, my friend and I used to be able to connect without issue until a few weeks ago and now we can barely be in the same xbox live party without lagging the whole party offline. My brother on the other hand can connect to him just fine and we are in the same house on the same router. We are both using wireless connections and are about the same distance from our router. I've tried getting more bandwidth and a stronger router but nothing has helped us so far. Any suggestions?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Try  going to network management in your xbox system settings and the select test xbox live connection. at the end of the test if there's something wrong it will tell you whats wrong and how to fix it. if there's nothing wrong try contacting your internet service such as ATT they should be able to help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm not having any problems connecting to xbox live or any of my other friends. My brother can even connect to him just fine and we are on the same router.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there!  Sounds like a pretty classic NAT error.  You can both try out the steps here: Xbox NAT Type | Xbox 360 NAT Type | Xbox NAT Error.  It's usually super easy to fix!

Sorry this didn't help.