Frequently Disconnecting for Xbox Live

Hi all,

I have a white xbox and have been playing on xbox live for about a year now. My xbox has always been hard wired to the internet and my internet was through an ADSL connection. On the 13th of Febuary I changed my plan that changed me to cable connection which is supposed to be faster and it is by far. Since I got a cable connection it comes through with my Foxtel so my internet modem or router (not technologically advanced so not sure if it is a modem or router) is in a new spot to where my old internet modem/router was and I can't hard wire it because there isn't a plug in the wall where it is now so I had to go to wireless. I bought a black wireless adapter to put on my white xbox and it was working great until the last 2 days. For the last 2 days I have been having problems with my xbox live party and playing games. With the xbox live party I am experiencing problems such as being disconnected and being reconnected in the next 2 seconds or not being reconnected at all. In games such as Call of Duty Blacks Ops I have not managed to make it through a complete game without getting a connection problem or being disconnected.

I have tried to reset the modem/router but it has not made a difference. I can't understand why it all of a sudden has gone bad because I haven't noticed any lack of speed on my computer and I haven't changed anything that has any relevance with the internet.

My internet connectivity details are below. I apologize for not being able to provide my modem and or router details.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? Australia / Queensland / Gold Coast
Modem brand & model number: Unknown
Router brand & model number: Unkown
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? Black
Things you have tried: Reset Modem/Router
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown Unknown
Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? None
Any Error Codes you encounter: None
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Bigpond
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)
W: 0000 - 0021
X: 0400 - F001
Y: 20A8 - 4860
Z: 8007 - 2741
ID: FFFF - FFFF
L: 0015 - 10F0
Q: 8007 - 4035
T: Wireless
D: 61.9.211.33,61.9.211.1
S: WPA2
C: 6

Any help would be GREATLY Appreciated!!!

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:
Answer

Hey Headshot!
To make things a little more easier do you think you can provide us with your modem/routers brand and name?

Start with som basic steps:
Clear your Xbox system cache:
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache

Reset network and wireless settings on your Xbox:
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/connecting/error-cant-connect-wireless-network-978945
The link also contains useful tip for wireless network connection.

If you want some more troubleshooting tip then i recomend this guide.
http://www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/faqs/114-troubleshooting-and-improving-wireless 

Post back and let us know if you find a solution.
Good luck! 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.