Frequent Xbox Live Disconnects

I've had Xbox live for over 4 years and have recently run into a quite frustrating problem. After connecting to Live, I can play for 10 minutes - 1 hour before I get disconnected. The disconnect begins by booting me from the party, and then the game, but usually 2 or 3 minutes pass before I'm prompted that I have lost connection to Live. During those few minutes the Xbox will act as if I am connected (show friends etc.) but will not update anything because, obviously, I am not connected (change friends status etc.). I can connect back to live immediately after the prompt comes up but will not be able to if I try before. This problem is extremely frustrating and I would greatly appreciate any help. I'm not sure what kind of information to provide so if there is something else that you need to know to help just tell me.

I am connected via the wired option, my ISP is Comwave, my NAT is Moderate (I'm sure it was open before, could this be the problem?) and here is my speedtest:

Thanks so much in advance,

WarJar 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Greetings WarJar!
Despite the outcome from your speedtest (which may be considering a bit low to be able to get the best experience out of Xbox LIVE services) we could try troubleshoot your connection to Xbox LIVE to get you up and running.

Before we begin troubleshooting could you answer a few questions that are useful to us. Please read: START HERE! And post back in full detail (the bits that are in bold).

Are you using a wireless or wired connection type when you speedtest your Internet connection?

Thanks! 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Seems like an internal network problem. Can you specify your network details? how you connect to internet, model of devices... and when did this problem started?

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you think the problem could be with the speed? If so, would I need to upgrade my DL or UL?

What Country/State/Province do you live in: Canada, Ontario

Modem brand & model number: Grandstream: HT502

Router brand & model number: Smart rg: SR350N

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter: Wired

Things you have tried: Power Cycle

Is UPnP Enabled? Unknown (Is there any way to check?)

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? Yes, a small yellow circle appears between Network and Internet. My NAT is Moderate.

Any Error Codes you encounter: You will be able to connect to Xbox Live, although a setting on your Router/Modem may limit your online experience.

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Comwave

W: 0000-000B

X: 0000-F001 

Y: 20A8-48E0

Z: 0000-0000

ID: FFFF-FFFF

L: 0015- 10F0

Q: 8007-0435

T: Wired

D: 192.168.17.6/ 255.255.255.0

S: 192.168.17.1

C: 192.168.17.1/ 0.0.0.0

This problem started recently when I switched to Comwave. On a side note, I believe my NAT type was Open before when there were no problems. 

Sorry this didn't help.

I apologize, for the router/modem:

Modem brand & model number: Smart rg: SR350N  (this doubles as a router as well)

Router brand & model number: Grandstream: HT502

Sorry this didn't help.

bump?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there War Jar!  I would look to upgrade both if you do, but it's the upload speed in particular that would concern me.  We want at least 1 up solid. However!  We can also try these steps here to see if it gets you a bit better of a connection in your own network: Xbox LIVE Disconnects | Xbox LIVE Slow | Speed up Xbox LIVE 

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry for the delay xWarJar!

Both of your gateway's are doing NAT which also refers to double NAT. Double NAT is something that you want to avoid when it comes to connecting to Xbox LIVE.

Is it possible for you to connect your console directly to your SR350N DSL gateway and verify if you can connect properly.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry, I hadn't checked here because I assume nobody could diagnose the problem. In that regard, thanks taidara for the suggestion and help in general. I'm really not too adept in the connection aspect of this, so is there any way you could tell me how to connect my console directly to the SR350N DSL gateway? On a side note, we're thinking of upgrading the DL/UL speed, the DL will be 16 mbps,  but the only option availible is up to 1 mbps for UL (the real speed will probably be somewhere around 0.8 mbps). Is it likely that the reason I'm disconnecting my UL speed, and if so, would 0.8 be significantly better? Again, thanks for the help.

Sorry this didn't help.

i suggest combing through your router settings. verify that there are no conflicting issues. on your pc, go to "run", then enter "cmd", then enter "ipconfig" copy the ip addy down and enter it into your browser's address bar. depending on your hardware model, you may have to google the password to gain entry to the settings.

Sorry this didn't help.