Frequent Disconnects

Hello, I have been having frequent disconnects from X-Box live. I have tried multiple things. I have tried opening ports, I have tried UPnP enables, both together and seperate. Tried making my XBox a DMZ, have tried to automatically and manually set p IP, MAC, Subnet Etc. Every one of these cause the same problem. After a few minutes, between 5 minutes and an hour I get disconnected. Anywhere between 1 and 5 times in an hour. it is very frustrating. I have not had this trouble until about two months ago, but it is just frustrating me beyond help because I keep getting disconnected and I am starting to get DC'd so frequently in fighting games that I am getting to that 'rage quitter hell'. And it's because of these stupid disconnects.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? United States. Florida
Modem brand & model number:
Ubee: DDW3610
Router brand & model number:
  Ubee: DDW3610
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?
Using Wired
Things you have tried:  Resetting Router/Xbox and every combination of that. Unplugging and replugging wires. Static IP. Port Forwarding

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? No Error, NAT is Open
Any Error Codes you encounter: No errors, at all, ever
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Brighthouse Networks
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)
0000-000BX : 
Y:  20A8-4860
Z: 8007-2741
ID:  FFFF-FFFF
L:  0015-10F0
Q:  8007-0435
T:  Wired
A:192.168.0.4/255.255.255.0
G: 192.168.0.1
D: 65.32.5.111/65.32.5.112

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 26 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Seems the router part of my system was screwed up. I made the combo system to be used as a bridge and got a new router. Now, NO MORE DROPS! Yay! Sorry to have wasted your time.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sounds good Quinz, please do keep us posted. :-)

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes I am using the combo. And I am not using any additional hardware. My ISP requires no additional log in information. I have actually just called my IS, as well, and it seems ti may be the router part of the Modem/Router that is on the fritz. I will contact them on the weekday to get a replacement if possible and see if that is the problem. I will report after getting a replacement to see if changing the hardware works.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the reply Quinz! I see that you are using a modem/router combo. Are you using any other network hardware in addition to that? Also, does your ISP provide you with log in information that you need to add to the console, referred to PPPoE? Have you ensured that this is entered properly if needed? Let me know, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I have tried both UPnP and Port Forwarding Seperately. The UPnP did the 20 minute until Disconnect and Port Forwarding immediately after I posted was less than ten Minutes. It's quite frustrating.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for getting back so fast Quinz. So you reset both your console and router to factory default network settings, tried connecting right out of the gate, and you got disconnected 20 minutes in. What settings have you since tried enabling again, and what happened when you did? Try UPnP, and then port forwarding, but not at the same time. Let me know how that goes.

Hawk: I'm more than happy to assist you, but to provide my best service to you and others, I ask that you create a new thread in this forum. Please detail your issue, any steps you have tried, and the answers to the bold questions in this guide (forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx). Thank you for your consideration!

Sorry this didn't help.

Im also suffering with the same problem, ive literally turnt my xbox on tonight played 3 online games on fifa and when i went to play mw3 it disconnected me from live. Shut down and reset and it signed me back in for 10 mins then disconnected again and now i cant even sign in to live.... Seems to have only been a problem since the last update?! Also ive tried the steps advised above and they dont work for me either.

Thanks

James

Sorry this didn't help.

Just played and within 20  minutes got disconnected. So restoring both didn't work.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'll do what suggested. I will respond within a week. If it hasn't worked I will respond ASAP, if it does work I will respond on March 7th to confirm no problems so this ticket can be closed as 'answered'.

Sorry this didn't help.

Alright, those look just fine. I'm thinking it would be good to reset your console network settings and build our way back up. To get started, do the following steps to reset your console's network settings and try connecting straight away. 

1. Turn off the Xbox 360 console.
  2. If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter, unplug it from your console.
  3. Turn on the console.
  4. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  5. Select Network Settings.
  6. Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network, if you are prompted to do so.
  7. Select Configure Network.
  8. On the Additional Settings tab, select Restore to Factory Defaults
  9. Turn off your console.
  10. If you were using an Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter, plug it back into the USB port.
  11. Turn on the console.
    Wireless connection only: You will receive a message to configure wireless settings. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect to your wireless network.
  12. Test your Xbox LIVE connection. To do this, press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings. Select Network Settings, select Wired Network or your wireless network name (if you are prompted to do so), and then select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.

Another thing to remember is to not use port forwarding and UPnP at the same time. When you set this back up, it might also be a good idea to reset your router to its factory default settings as well and begin enabling one setting at a time until you get into a working state. I would say start with UPnP (it's just a switch) and if that doesn't work, disable and try port forwarding again.

Please let me know how this goes, thanks!  

Sorry this didn't help.