Frequent Disconnections from Xbox Live

I've had Xbox live for over 4 years and have recently run into a quite frustrating problem. After connecting to Live, I can play for 10 minutes - 1 hour before I get disconnected. The disconnect begins by booting me from the party, and then the game, but usually 2 or 3 minutes pass before I'm prompted that I have lost connection to Live. During those few minutes the Xbox will act as if I am connected (show friends etc.) but will not update anything because, obviously, I am not connected (change friends status etc.). I can connect back to live immediately after the prompt comes up but will not be able to if I try before. This problem is extremely frustrating and I would greatly appreciate any help. I'm not sure what kind of information to provide so if there is something else that you need to know to help just tell me.

I am connected via the wired option, my ISP is Comwave, my NAT is Moderate (I'm sure it was open before, could this be the problem?) and here is my speedtest:

http://speedtest.net/result/2432372432.png

Thanks so much in advance,

WarJar 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hi there!  Thanks for all the info, and that sounds super frustrating.

OK, so that upload speed is a little slower than we'd like- you might want to talk to your ISP about looking to improve it- but I don't think that's going to be the issue.

I'm curious what the connection test says if you run it while this is happening- can you try it the next time it happens and let us know?

First thing I want to try is so see if this somehow is a profile issue, though.  Please try redownloading  it using the blank avatar option in the Sign In screen.

Another thing to test is to see if it's somehow hardware related. You can clearing the cache in your system by heading into the System Settings, then Memory, then highlight your system memory and hit Y.  If that doesn't take care of it, you can even try playing with the HDD removed entirely, and just have your profile hosted on a USB.

Please let us know if any of these suggestions help! 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.