Freezing Problems

I've been having a few freezing problems with my system... Just wanted to get others inputs on the situation. So here is an explanation of what has happened, and what I think caused it.

June 7th:::: I bought my 360 and was a happy little camper.

June 13th:::: I was playing GTA IV online, and I met someone online. So I was sitting in a game lobby, and I got a group invite, and a game invite. So I decided to join. It loaded as normal, than took me to their lobby, as well as their party. They said. "Hello VampyToad" than my system froze.

June 24th:::: Was playing MW2 single player, and heard a loud noise, so paused my game for a second, and checked on the situation. When I returned, I tried to continue playing, and realized the system had froze. The room was kind of hot, if I had to guess 90-100 degrees F. Though this may seem high, I have ran MANY other things in my bedroom under the same circumstances with not problems. Including a "Laptop Computer, Desktop Computer, and PS3 system". So I do not think this would have really effected the system freezing. It was not overheating, and when I felt the system after it froze, it was not hotter than normal, me playing in a 70-85 degree bedroom. I had been playing the system for five hours before it froze, though as I stated before, I played my PS3 for over seven hours in same temperatures, with no problems.

So as you can see, my console has froze twice, on two different games, within a one month period. Was simply wondering if this was normal, or if something could perhaps be wrong with my system. I understand that electronics aren't perfect, and freezes are bound to happen, but twice in a month, with a BRAND NEW system is kind of getting my worried.

By the way, my system is a Slim 4GB system. Thanks in advance for any advice, and input you can provide. Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 15 Applies to:

xbox is a superior console to the ps3 but it has alot of problems, wait till a dashboard update come out, it will probaly be fixed, i have both and i got my 360 a week ago, yes it has problems but just deal, unless it very bad then contact microsoft, until its very bad, wait for a dashboard update

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello VampyToad - Could you take a look at our sticky for system freezing? It has a lot of good info and things to try. We can proceed from there after you've tried all of the steps. :)

forums.xbox.com/.../7834.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.