Freezing on Live sign-in / TV app crashing / System won't turn off / Kinect won't recognize audio

These symptoms all started earlier this week and all in conjunction with one another which makes me believe that they're like related.

In a little bit more detail:

• When I sign in to Xbox Live the system halts and the screen goes black for 10-15 minutes before it finally kicks back to the home screen and shows me as logged in.
  • If I try to go into the TV app or the TV and OneGuide settings the system sits at the loading screen for several minutes and then crashes back to the home screen.
  • No method of turning the system off save from long-pressing the power button on the front of the system registers, it ignores the command.  I did try doing a reset to factory default and it simply ignored this command to.  By ignore, I mean it press the command, it plays the sound acknowledging that I pressed it, but nothing happens.
  • Lastly, the Kinect no longer recognizes any voice commands (the camera still works, but won't acknowledge me to log in me automatically like it used to), and when I run the configuration utility for it, it gets to analyzing background noise and then the system locks up completely.

I've gone through the recommended support steps (power cycling, unplugging the Kinect / turning the system on without it / plugging it back in) all to no avail.  Not really sure what else to try at this point.
NoN

One potentially relevant fact - while I don't actually have TV running through my Xbox One, I did set up some of those settings about a week before this all started to have it automatically turn on my projector (Panasonic AX-100U) and my receiver (VSX-84TXSi).  It was working great until this all started.

Any suggestions would be very welcome!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey Ananais!

-

I would recommend starting completely fresh, if its ignoring your shutdown commands and such, just unplug the console from the wall completely and leave it unplugged for a few minutes.  Is your power supply hot? is the console hot?  Does it have room to breathe?  Is it far away from y our projector as to not get the blunt of the bulb heat?

-

Once you plug everything back in and power up - see if things run better - try the simple stuff first - try running the kinect tuner again and see if you can get past that. - verify that you got white lights on power supply, xb1 and kinect.  Also, try without using any powerstrip just to make sure a powerstrip isn't doing anything goofy. (i had a smart one that couldn't detect the green port and kept trying to turn it off..)

-

Also, does your notifications area show you're getting notifications for updated apps? (little square icon on upper left hand corner of screen) - if you just see an app listed it usually shows it got updates. (if its not achievement linked)

-

Try the unplug and let us know how it goes!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the detailed response, blahism!

No issues with the power supply, the console is cool and quiet and it has its own roomy dedicated shelf-space away from both the projector and receiver.

I've tried unplugging the system entirely and letting it sit for a while (to think about what it's done...), but when I reconnect it and power it back on it continues to misbehave.  I'll try not using the power strip when I get back home - I haven't ever had issues with it, but you never know with these things.

I do have a couple notifications up top.  I never bother to check them though.  I probably should, as it may be relevant to this issue.  I'll check those when I get home.

Sorry this didn't help.

Just an update on this:  Taking it off the power strip did not help.  Also I'm unable to access the notifications.  When I select the little icon, nothing happens, just like when I try to turn off the Xbox or reset to factory defaults.  I'm totally at a loss.

Sorry this didn't help.