Freezing Console / System Update Corruption

I was randomly disconnected from XBox Live when on the dashboard earlier tonight. When I tried to reconnect it gave me an error, so I decided to play a game offline. The game worked fine for 5-10 minutes but then froze, so I had to manually turn off the console. When I turned it back on the console froze when it loaded the dashboard. I had to manually restart again and then got this message: "Some XBox 360 features are missing or corrupt. A system update is required to replace them." I allowed the console to restart and the update installed, but it froze again when connecting to Live upon restart. It told me I was signed in, connected to Live, and even told me how many friends were on before freezing. I disconnected from the Internet and turned on the console, and this time I was able to move around the menu a little before it froze when I tried to play the game again. I tried playing a downloaded arcade game upon restart and the screen froze when entering the Recent section of the dashboard before even accessing the game. I then removed all system updates from my drive and restarted. I can move around the dashboard now but sometimes it freezes randomly, and I haven't been able to play games. I tried several times to reinstall the update, and the loading bar always finishes indicating the update was complete, but it keeps freezing. I removed the hard drive and powered on the console and it also froze then (this was before I removed all system updates). The info on my HDD looks alright, nothing is missing there. I also cleared the system cache on the main drive. I'm not sure what to do now. Is this something that requires me to send the console in for repairs? I don't see any red lights indicating a system failure, and the HDD doesn't seem to be corrupted. I don't even remember installing an update prior to this problems occurrence.  I restarted my console at least 25 times before giving up for the night. Please help me fix this if it is at all possible. Key things to remember:

1. The freezing doesn't always happen like clockwork. It ALWAYS freezes if I'm connecting to Live right after the dashboard loads all the images. When not connected to Live it tends to allow me access to the menus but then randomly freezes there as well.

2. It will occasionally give me the "Missing Or Corrupt Features" message and will have me reinstall the system update, but that doesn't fix anything. Sometimes after reinstalling the update I'll notice some graphical glitches, like small missing squares in the white background of the start up loading screen, etc. It seems to freeze the least when all system updates have been removed from the HDD. I tried installing the update from a USB drive instead of Live but that just creates an endless cycle of restarts and extracting.

Thanks in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Here is an update:

The last thing I attempted before going to sleep last night was transferring my save games to a USB drive and reformatting my XBox's HDD. I also returned my system to factory default. At the time it didn't seem to fix anything. When I woke up this morning I tried turning on my XBox 360 again but still experienced the freezing and the graphical glitches. I went to work and came home 8 hours later and tried again. This time I was able to get into the Live dashboard, and there weren't any graphical glitches. I also wasn't prompted to update again, so thats an improvement. I tested downloading an Arcade game (Scott Pilgrim) and that worked fine too! No freezing. I went to play it and I got as far as the beginning menu and it froze. It also froze a few times in the dashboard but not nearly as frequent as last night (last night I couldn't even play a game). At least I can maneuver around the dashboard now and get into system settings with a little more ease. What could be causing this? And why would it work better after not using it for the 8 hour period I was at work?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

my xbox one like the dash board and blue ray and othere games gave been having blury times when the did not befor and the images are ruff looking such as the words. I think it was the update that last cam out.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.