Freezing (and why you lost a customer)

So I have a Slim which is "reliable"

And it was for a little bit, but now YouTube freezes the system, 4OD freezes the system. Those two apps I know have issues, but here's where the actual problem is Tekken froze for no apparent reason (game is installed, so not sure why this would happen). Console is giving unrecognised disc for CoD4, occassionally doing it for Tekken, gives Attempting to Read media on some DVDs, drive sounds like it has problems spinning up after Tekken has booted (sometimes stops it and then spins up again, other times spins down to play from install and then makes weird noises like it's trying to spin up again or makes the noise that the laser assembly makes when it moves) an it's only 15 or so months old, I shouldn't be having issues with it. I owned a PS2 that gave me 5-7 years hassle free, and the 360 can't even give me 1 (my Pro 20GB died in 1 year and experienced drive malfunctions much like this one is doing), so, Xbox, we're done. I'm not paying to get this one looked at, becuase I'd be paying you more money for something you failed to build properly in the first place.

These issues occur so far apart that I can't be 100% sure it's the console, but knowing your poor track record, it's more than likely

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey there.  First off, for sure I'm sorry to hear that there's been such a bad experience. Hopefully, you can stick with us, because there are a few things we can try.  First off, please take a look at this guide: Xbox 360 Screen Freeze.

The steps in particular I'm thinking about is trying these things again with all accessories and the hard drive removed.  If it does work that way, then we know it's something related to those accessories and not the console itself. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.