Freezing after signing into xbox live account

When I go to sign into my xbox live account I can sign in and everything but from 10-45 seconds later my xbox freezes, I tried deleting system updates and system cache but nothing has helped. Also I can sign into my brothers xbox live account and that account does not freeze. I have also tried deleting my account and re-downloading it and it has not helped. Any help would be much appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 101 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

How long does it freeze? do you atleast try and WAIT before turning it off? maybe its just having a "moment" in which it just freezes if i were you i would wait atleast 5 minutes then turn it off. Hey maybe there was a slight problem when your xbox was connecting to your router maybe that can be the problem too. maybe the little internet icon on your router went off when conneting theres a lot of things so dont just look at the xbox and think hardware failure! maybe take sometime to review your router. :) STEPS YOU CAN TRY: 1. CHECKING TO SEE IF YOUR ROUTER IS HOT THIS CAN SOMETIMES LEAD TO INTERNET OUTAGE 2. SEE IF THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THE ROUTER. if you have tried all these steps and nothing worked please post here again so I or the other ambassadors can help you. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

it could be a problem with your NAT settings. go to the announcement "How to open NAT to resolve Multiplayer and Party problems" i know that's not the exact issue you have, but mine was doing something similar before i changed the NAT settings for my internet connection.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, Adorwable. Thanks for bringing your question to the forums. Let's see what we can do to get this sorted out for you.

To start, can you try redownloading your profile onto a USB drive? I'd be interested to know if you still experience the freezes when having your profile on a secondary storage device. Give it a shot and let us know the results.

Thanks very much! 

Sorry this didn't help.

I can't even sign on to live, it says I have friends online then freezes before I am signed in. I had it back in the box ready to take back to the store (as I have only bought it about 20 days ago), then someone told me this happens often and can last hours or days and that it is a result of Xbox "cleaning their servers" . If this is the case then I still want to return it as I paid for a gold membership and should be able to access this service when desired.

If anyone with a credible response could inform me if this is true or not it would be much appreciated.

Sorry this didn't help.

HELP ME I CANT TURN ON MY XBOX IT IS AUTO SIGN IN AND IT IS FREEZINH AS SOON AS I SIGN IN TOOOOO WTF THIS *** IS *** HELP US MICROSFOT

Sorry this didn't help.

YEAH WHAT THE *** DUDE I JUST POSTED BOUT THIS IST SAIS 'GAMETAG AHS 2 FRIENDS ONLINE' THEN THE CIRCLE STOPS MOV ING AND IT FREEZES

Sorry this didn't help.

the freeze doesnt end until i shut off the xbox... with or without the usb secondary. Ive solved your question now please solve ours!! im a yearly gold subby and this is the first time ever this has happened to me.... im from canada by the way

Sorry this didn't help.

Same. Wtf.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am Canadian as well and this happened a few months ago and I went over the same song and dance that was just told for you to do here no offense to you guys at Microsoft or the very good community helpers but last time this happened about 5 minutes after I got off the phone with you guys your Live status was ! Live is currently down we are working on the issue lol.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same crap is happening to me too. I start up the xbox, then it starts loading dashboard, the minute my account signs in and displays how many friends are currently on, it freezes. Lots of people are having this problem it looks like.

Sorry this didn't help.