Free Xbox One Criteria?

I am wondering what the criteria is for the Xbox One. I am in the highest rank for Xbox rewards, been a live member for roughly six years and have played almost 700 different game. I have purchased almost 200 arcade games and hundreds of DLC for other games. I even have a WP7 and WP8. I am not mad at Microsoft for not rewarding me for spending in excess of $10,000 over this time but I cant help but feel unappreciated by Microsoft.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I was a beta tester of Xbox live in 2001, and because I live in Canada and Microsoft didnt pay for the duty fees it ended up costing Canadians 150-300$ for the Xbox live beta starter kit.  I am a paid Xbox live member since 2001 with this gamertag, and they couldn't be bothered to send me a killer instinct code.  I have 2 Xbox ones pre ordered, one for me and one for my family, it is very discouraging to come online and find out free killer instinct codes have been sent out to so called loyal customers yet I get nada. I wouldn't hold your breath man, all I want is killer instinct, not a free Xbox one as I'm buying two of em but damn I wish a key was in my email.  It would of made me feel a lot better about the recent decisions Microsoft had made and reversed.

I think it was fairly random, I have a tenure of 10 years on XBL since it was available in the UK, through original Xbox to 360, I don't play for rewards or for achievements but I buy a lot of games, I have a lot of windows products, so I think it was random, I think it's just one of those things, don't expect anything, if something comes your way be happy, if not, you can't miss what you never had.

I think they need to reword that email that they are sending out.  I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who see themselves as quite the dedicated Xbox fan, yet received nothing.

Folks need to be happy that they are giving anyone free stuff and drop the martyr/entitlement complex.

I hope you aren't implying anyone here is acting like that?

I got Killer Instinct for free it looks like

Ive had Xbox Live since launch and before that i thought because i played Halo 2 Online but maybe not

My profile says 8 years and my gamerscore is over 100k

Sure. Lots of people coming out of the woodwork to rage at MS for not giving them a free game or X1 just because someone else got it.

once I heard about this I was hoping to get something. my tenure is 7 with a Gamerscore of 54482. im thinking its pretty random. oh well... guess im stuck with the 5 games I have paid off already...

The OP said he felt unappreciated (which is understandable), and I simply said the email being sent out was misleading (which it is).  No martyrs or entitlement here

here is the thing about giving stuff away. you can give everyone something that no one wants or you can give a few people something they actually want, but most people wont get anything. obviously the later is the better solution, at least someone gets something. in the former nobody gets anything.

-

there are probably set minimum standards to be entered into the random drawing, you just got unlucky. it happens.