Free points "NOT"

Since purchasing my xBoxLive membership, I have gotten several Emails (approximately ten) with a code redemption key.

Thr ee of them worked.

I've received at least seven more that did not.   When I input the code, I received a message that it had already been used.

Why am I receiving codes that cannot be used?  If I have already used it, why is it being sent again and again.

The only reason I even bought the membership was so that I would have access to NetFlix, which turned out to be a stupid reason since I get it without an xBox membership on both my Wii, and my Home Theater.

Useless membership, and aggravating. Wave the Microsoft banner proudly.   I suppose $50 isn't a lot to pay to prove myself an idiot.

I find it amusing that the only way I can even report this is in a forum.  Every support link runs you around in a circle and brings you back to nowhere.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Sometimes you get emails that are spam, so always got to xbox.com (type it in your browser your self - do not use the handy little links)

Is there anyway you could search your email for the codes to see if they are re-sends of old codes? Or were they trashed?

Netfilx was 'worth the gold sub' when xbox was the only one doing it, but now every device under the sun is doing it with out a fee.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Regarding pre-paid codes, there is a distinct difference between activated codes and redeemed codes. You will need to verify whether or not the source for these codes is reliable. If you are still getting error messages when attempting to enter and redeem the codes, you will need to contact over the phone to determine whether the codes are activated or redeemed.

Sorry this didn't help.

The above answer does not address the subject and body of my complaint.  These are not prepaid codes. I suppose if you didn't read my complaint the first time it's pointless to try to explain again. . .   But having nothing better to do at the moment, I'll give it another try.  The Email that has the code comes from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.  It is a promotion to get the recipient to purchase new games. It includes a 25 character code which I have to go to my account and input.

It has been for 160 points each time and the first three added points to my account.  The last several that I have received (approximately every two weeks) have not given an "Error".  They have just stated that the code has already been used.   Again - my question is - why am I continuing to receive codes that have already been used, or why does the website think they've been used.  I am now saving the codes to see if they are the same, and if I have used them.

Sorry this didn't help.

And I will give this another try. In your original post, you did not supply sufficient information regarding the entity that was sending you these codes. Now that you have identified this source, I can tell you with absolute certainty that this is a scam. Do not continue opening any emails or using any codes from this source. Please refer to this forum post: forums.xbox.com/.../407520.aspx

The error message you mentioned will be displayed whenever a Live member attempts to use a code that has not been activated by the retailer, has already been used by another Live member, or has expired from a promotional period. To protect yourself and your account, rely only upon codes acquired from legitimate sources.

Sorry this didn't help.