Free microsoft points (scam)

I have now recieved a free Microsoft points scam message twice now!  1st time was 31/03/2013 at 1:30pm from a 34yr woman ([Mod Removed]) who I think doesn't know any better, saying 'Today is Microsofts Birthday! Send this Message to everyone on your friends list and recent players and you will get 6000 microsoft points' I didn't send it rather I checked it out on IE and found it to be a scam!   2nd time was today 16/04/2013 from [Mod Removed] at 2:30pm saying 'letting you guys know about [Mod Removed] they are giving away 1600 points microsoft points codes' now I know the 1st msg is a scam but the 2nd one I'm not so sure about because it seems as though its a real site rather then fake.. soooo is it?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If you have to ask if a site is real or fake, then most likely it is fake.

same here I've tried to get on it, because recently I have bought a 1600 Microsoft point card and it was invalid so I tried to see if it would work and it will send a blank message to your email and it never works.

if i were you or any gamers that play stay away from scam sites they are fake any one that message you with websites that give away points report them. the only reason they send that message so you get ripped off.

All of those are scams. Only buy your points from well known and sourced Microsoft outlets and retailers :)

If something seems to good to be true, then it probably is :) never accept messages are genuine just because they come through your console.

And never give anyone your login details (ever) no one should ever ask you for these be it Microsoft or anyone else for that matter.

:)

Naming and shaming is not allowed.

Report on your console for Communication

The only places that really give out free Microsoft Points would be Xbox's Rewards program (rewards.xbox.com) and Bing's Reward program (bing.com/rewards). That's about it. Trust nothing else, trust no one else but Microsoft.  

I got one but i just ignored it and payed it no attention

Prepare for the malware if you actually went to check out those phony sites

I would only buy from trust retailers like wal mart, best buy, asda etc...., free microsoft more likely to get your email and password or virus

never fall for anything like this.  this can lead to a lot of things including your account being hacked!!