Free Gold Trial

I purchased a new Xbox today and during the initial setup it said that I was entitled to a 1 month free trial to xbox live gold but when I click to accept the offer it came up with an error saying that it could not connect and try again later and then took me to the dashboard

I can not see any option to claim my 1 month trial now is there any way for me to get it ?

Thanks to anybody that can help

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Is your console connected to LIVE now? If so, then you would likely need to create a new account to take advantage of the offer.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have a similar issue, i cant purchase a new GOLD membership, neither on my xbox or here on xbox.com .  I have  the same error "try again Later" so they must be updating something to do with the memberships.  Sucks cause I want to play Battlefield 3. i would just wait a while and try again, or try tomorrow

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there - this would actually be an unrelated issue. Would you be able to post in "Purchasing or downloading something?" forums.xbox.com/.../27.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

i just created an account and i can't find my free 1 month xbox live gold pass my console is connected to live but i can't find it can someone help please?

Sorry this didn't help.

Vendible - to get the gold trial you have to create a brand new account on the console. During the account creation process choose yes when it asks if you want to join live. It will then give you options for buying gold time. Choose "Upgrade Later" and it will automatically give you the free month if it is available. This is only available for 3 gamertags on a console. So if you have a used console it's possible they have already been used.

Sorry this didn't help.

@Fue1edByFury There could be a code you have to input to redeem the Live Gold.  It's usually found on a piece of cardboard that you have to rip away a section to reveal the code. Look inside the box to see if it's there.

Sorry this didn't help.