Free Gold Membership Problem

Hello all, I have been struggling with a problem for a little while now. Recently, I got into playing a lot, so I decided  get the one month free trial of gold to start out, as you need it for a lot of games. It ran smoothly for the first few days, but then suddenly quit. Thankfully, a friend  mine had an extra 14-day free trial code, and he let me borrow it. However, it just ran out, and I'm back to the same problem. When I check my subscriptions, it says I have the free trial until the 28th, but whenever I try to play MP, it says I don't have it and need buy it. So I figured I could just start paying for gold  and just forget about it, but it won't let me purchase a subscription with the trial ongoing. However, when I try to cancel the trial, it will not allow me to. Could anyone help me out? I would like to use my trial of at all possible.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

The 14 day trial you were given is a limited one and not a full gold trial. The 14 day trials usually came with certain games and normally only work with those games. They do not give you 100% access to Live though.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I understand, but that was not the problem I was having. The 14-day trial worked great until it expired. Now I can't get Gold, or use my one month free trial.

Sorry this didn't help.

You'll need to try contacting support directly. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or support.xbox.com/contact-us

Sorry this didn't help.

So the system still thinks you're on the INITIAL 1 month free trial but you aren't getting it? If that's the case maybe you can try removing and redownloading the profile, hard reboot the console by going to settings-power and startup. As mentioned before, and if you haven't already, contact xbox customer support directly via the phone number mentioned above or through the official chat.

Sorry this didn't help.