Free game?

Hi ive recently done an "advanced replacement" on my faulty Xbox one, IGN and other websites said that Microsoft as a way of an apology is offering a free game .... Is this true ? how do I get mine? because my support ticket now says closed :s

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The free game apology only applies to consumers whos disc drive was having issues if yours had another issue you do not qualify.. if you do qualify contact support thru the chat or the phone number and request and escalation to customer advocacy team.  Good day

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks, that was helpful ...... I'll tell you who was NOT helpful customer support !!

I sent my console back as it was broken straight out the box, it made an awful high pitched noise when idle/in dashboard/Netflix/ anything other than playing a game ... When you played from a disc it made a grinding noise which I admit did eventually stop !

So apparently because mine was a "fan error" (it was clearly the HDD) then I'm not entitled to a free game OR any other form of compensation other than a less than heart felt typed out "were sorry"

So the 8 hours of installing / downloading FIFA  the hassle of trying to get it replaced on day one (It took another week) and then having to do all that over again when my new machine arrived is not as important because I "could" play games from a disc!!   Yeah but every other aspect of the machine had a nice EEEEEEEEEEEEE noise as a soundtrack in the background !!!!!!!!!

Thanks for this , nice to see my 10 year tenure on Xbox live is valued

Sorry this didn't help.

Aye, I feel you my fan is making a racket but rest of system is fine.. I got shipped a replacement and the replacement was pretty much DOA  sent replacement back and other issues came up with the chat support crew messing up my account by unregistering the original serial number for the xbox one i kept .. long story short its nearly going on a month and i still have the original noisy xbox one console and no replacement in sight..

Sorry this didn't help.

Can any of the official support please answer (or make a topic) regarding who does and does not qualify for a free game!

there is some very confusing and misleading info on these forums.... one in the other FREE GAME? topic says that because you do an Advance replacement, then you DO qualify for a game?!?

Not so .... I found out

you would think faulty means faulty .... if its fan/HDD/or optical its unacceptable from a new machine and should be compensated

Sorry this didn't help.

never got one myself. who gives a crap? I've always expected poor service from MS anyway. not expecting miracles anyway

Sorry this didn't help.