Free Game Promotion Never Fulfilled

On March 12, 2011, I purchased an Xbox Live renewal for 1 year with a promotion for a free game (there were 4 in total, but I had hoped to get Fable III).  Since that time I have contacted Xbox by telephone several times.  First to find out how to get the free game.  Another time to find how to get the free game!  Yet another to find out why the game was never sent after speaking to a representative.  And finally tonight to find out why my free game was never sent.  The representative tonight did not have complete details of previous calls, but at least this time I received a thorough explanation of how support works.  Apparently the forums are the way to get things done, and if not follow up by phone (again) and then ask for a supervisor.

So, the ticket # is 1150668607.  I have not received my free game 5 months later.  I have seen many people have the same issue and they were still not satisfied with the level of customer service that they received.  Perhaps the worse reply of all was when an Xbox representative replied by saying that the promotion could no longer be fulfilled.  I'm sorry folks, but when I pay for something, I expect to get it.  How would not receiving a free game ($49.99 value for Fable 3) be any different than paying for a year membership for Xbox Live and only receiving 2 months of the 12 months (again a $50 value).  Well Xbox support, I am expecting this promotion to be fulfilled.  How do future gamers know that their purchase is safe if you cheat current members?  What would the value of a game be compared to the lost business of future renewed memberships?  In one year, Microsoft would lose $10 alone and multiply that by several years and you see how quick revenues fall.

As I see it, Xbox is trying to wiggle their way out of giving what was promised because of the time that it took for this promotion to be fulfilled.  Several gamers have posted with the exact same problem of not receiving their free game and it is either contempt for their customers or sheer stupidity that Xbox not uphold the promise of a free game for its customers.  So Xbox customer support, let's start seeing some actual customer support.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Sorry to tell you this but I'm afraid you aren't going to get too much help off the forums.  This seems to be the place to send people if support doesn't want to do the legwork anymore.

However, I can point you in the right direction.  Mister Gwyther might be able to help you out.  He is an Xbox employee and posts a fair bit on the forums.  Search out the main forum section for one of his posts and send him a pm.  Either he'll look into it for you or definitely point you in the right direction of where to go.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks, onyx, but ultimately I ended up calling the support line...again.  I'm very disappointed with this whole mess and don't think I'll be buying the next generation xbox because of the service that I received, or more importantly didn't receive.  I've had the original box and now the 360 and other than Halo, all of the other games that I usually play can be played on all platforms.  This sucks.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, i have the same problem, but I chose Halo Reach for my free game and i havent received anything. I've called support and i just get the run around. I hope something can be done about this. Im a huge supporter of Xbox and it would be a shame if they leave us hanging like this.

Sorry this didn't help.

It would be alot better if i could understand the crap coming from supports mouth, like omg their mostly from india and end up hanging up on you becuase they dont want to do their job properly, pretty bad when i live in canada and have to call US xboxlive support to actually get someone that can talk human english lol

Sorry this didn't help.

Guys I finally have this mess fixed.  I did two things...

1) I e-mailed the CEO of Microsoft (Steve Ballmer....*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) to ask if there can be anything done.

2) I contacted my credit card company and explained that I was charged for something 5 months ago and that the merchant has not delivered the product.

I eventually got a call from a guy at Microsoft corporate and he took care of it like we expect.  He has told me that he will have the game to me in 8-10 business days and that he will be following up with support to ensure that this issue doesn't happen again.  The problem with the support phone line is that they really don't have much ability or effort to do anything and the forums are even worse.  After all of the posts on the forum, I have never been contacted by anyone that was going to get me my game.  In essence, Xbox support makes you jump through hoops to get support, but the guys at Microsoft corporate seem to get it...customers are what give Microsoft their profit.  It's sad, but the guys at support don't realize that without the customer, they may not have a job some day.  Hope this helps you all.

Sorry this didn't help.

#2 is a chargeback - great for consumer protection. I would attempt to resolve it via 18004myxbox first of course.

Sorry this didn't help.

of course, but after more than 10 calls to the 4myxbox number, i still did not receive satisfactory service.  waiting another 8-10 weeks for delivery after already waiting 5 months?!?  come on!  anyways sometimes trying to get service from the top down works better.

Sorry this didn't help.

yup - sounds like you went about things the right way.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am going to try that thanks WHITEY228 I really just want whats due to me this is ridiculous. I am going to contact him about this before I go to anything else...

Sorry this didn't help.