Free 3-Month Live Gold Family Pack Conversion Bonus Not Received

I received an email near the beginning of August saying that each of the accounts on the Family Pack would receive a free 3-month Live Gold bonus. However, neither of the accounts (there were 2) have received this and my Live Gold has now expired.

The expiry date for my Live Gold was set for Sept 6, 2013 and the conversion date for the Family Pack was set at August 27th. Did it take that long to convert my Family Pack that it expired before conversion and I therefore did not receive the free 3-month bonus?? If so, I'm greatly disappointed and will likely not invest in Live Gold again.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

As I understand it, MSFT is rolling out the conversion in waves. I'm still on the Gold Family pack myself. Contact official support (support.xbox.com/contact-us) and explain the situation to them. Hopefully, they'll get you fixed up with the free 3 months for the accounts.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I had the same issue and so i contacted Microsoft they told me that i would not get the free three months since my account was not gold when the split happened (even though it was gold for a whole month after the conversion) so now i am a silver member and will not be spending another dollar on Microsoft products and will be advising my friends and family to stop doing so

Sorry this didn't help.

The three free months are a concession being given to Xbox Family Pack holders who paid for a whole year of Family Pack, but will be unable to keep it due to their account being converted into individual memberships by the system after August 27th (not necessarily ON Aug 27th, as it's a rolling process, and it's still going on).  If your Family Pack expired, then you got your entire year, and their is nothing left to convert.  I haven't heard of the three month thing being given away in any kind of exceptions, but you're welcome to ask Customer Support for their input on the matter.

Sorry this didn't help.

my problem is in australia we pay nearly $89 for one person for a year and microsoft turned around to me and said it will be cheaper for me in the long run after they get rid of the family pack now i have xbox one and 4 xbox 360 so how the hell would it be cheaper and i was told just a day after the payment came out of my back that i would get 15 months and three other people heard this per account i have on the family pass so my xbox live shouldnt run out until mid 2015 but no they have changed what they said to me and now xbox live ran out and each person i talk to its a different story and dates

but i thinks its funny that microsoft and xbox live can say they will not tollerate any cheating on xbox live but xbox live and microsoft can put there name to a activision tournement that allows the use of modded controls now im not a lawyer but theyt can be sued for this type of conduct

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there raukkan!

If you would like further support assistance, please create a new thread.  This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you.  Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried.  Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.