Fraudulant Username

The username [Mod Removed] is a fake username set up by one of my students, who is pretending to be me and talking to the teenage girls in my classroom.  I spoke with customer support and they said the only way that it can be removed is through a posting on the forum.  I would like it removed and the user's Xbox banned from the system, if it is possible.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey there, sorry, but posting gamertags on the Forums is against the Forum Rules.  Please simply File a Complaint using your console tools on your Xbox and it will be handled and THAT is the only way it can be dealt with.  Thanks! :)

customer support would never tell you to post someones username in the forum as it violates their terms of service. you have to file a complaint through your console.

[quote user="ThtzWhtSh3Sa1d"]customer support would never tell you to post someones username in the forum[/quote]Sadly this is not true.

Phone support constantly tells people to come to the forum to report people. They seem completely unaware that there is no function here to do so. The forum and Twitter support folk know about this but seem to be unable to stop it. 

[quote user="voteDC"]The forum and Twitter support folk know about this but seem to be unable to stop it.[/quote]

That's probably because phone support is outsourced. 

if they tell you to come to the forum to report people then why do they remove the persons username as soon as you post it.

[quote user="ThtzWhtSh3Sa1d"]

if they tell you to come to the forum to report people then why do they remove the persons username as soon as you post it.

[/quote]VoteDC answered correctly.  Support over the phone apparently isn't up to date with forum posting rules.  They constantly tell people to do things that contradicts forum posting rules.  Why you say?  Who knows.  It has been reported many times, but obviously MS doesn't care too much to fix the issue.

[quote user="ThtzWhtSh3Sa1d"]

[/quote]Phone support tell people to come here and post the names.  Forum moderators remove the names.  Completely different people.