Fraud protection is awful *explained in post*

Ok so here is a quick background to my situation:

On July 4th I was with my wife and her family, celebrating the 4th of July.  An e-mail comes to my phone saying that I purchased 6,000 MS Points for about $80 after taxes.  Naturally I kind of freak out because I certainly did not authorize that.  My wife and I leave the party and I log onto my Xbox and thankfully I did not have to recover my Gamer Tag so that eliminates the possibility of my Gamer Tag being stolen.  After that I logged onto Xbox.com and changed my account password as that seems to have been the only other real possibility. 

Once I did those things I called my bank and then I called 1-800-4MY-XBOX.  Let me be perfectly clear about this:  The telephone crew that Microsoft employs (at least the 4 or 5 that I have talked to) have all been FANTASTIC!  Each of them were eager to help me resolve my situation and were all very helpful.  The last guy I talked to (Matt was his first name) was amazing and considering I had $80 of false charges on my account it was a great conversation and experience with him. 

Here is the problem I have.  Every person has said that the situation needs to be taken care of by a "Supervisor" and that this "Supervisor" will contact me via telephone to resolve my problem since the people I talked to don't have the power to reverse a charge (which makes total sense.  The problem I have is that these "Supervisors" are not doing their jobs.  I have been told multiple times that a Supervisor will call me within X amount of days and they never do.  Actually I take that back, I'm pretty sure they tried to call me twice and BOTH times I answered the phone promptly to be HUNG UP ON. 

This is unacceptable that I have to keep doing what these "Supervisors" are paid to do:  follow up.  The problem is that I can call 100 times and because of the system in place I can never talk to a Supervisor when I make the phone call so I am stuck waiting for these hackjob employees who don't follow thru.  I am certain that any of the people I talked to on the phone when I called would have been more than qualified to handle my situation if they were a Supervisor, and I almost wish they got promoted to that position because then I wouldn't be in this situation. 

Right now I'm considering cutting my losses and just keeping the points and using them over the next couple years or something.  And before you ask, the 6,000 MS Points are still in my account as I have not been using them (or even buying further MS Points) because I was expecting the Support Team "Supervisors" to actually do their job.  They aren't even investigating my account at this point.  What is the purpose of a support team who gets paid any amount of they don't follow thru? 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Contact Xbox Support: (800) 4MY-XBOX or (800) 469-9269

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I would personally call Support back and insist that you speak with a supervisor immediately to resolve this situation.  They do have supervisors there "behind" the front line support folks that you can be passed to if the situation warrants an "escalation,"  which in your specific case seems warranted.  Good luck, I hope you continue to get the "good" support folks and get your issue resolved.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Knowittall, I might try that.  I just don't want to be "that jerk demanding to speak to a superior" but I don't think I have any other options.  

@ Prince Leo:  Seriously?  Maybe I should have been more clear about the "4 or 5" people that I spoke to by calling the number you mentioned haha.

Sorry this didn't help.