FRAMERATE LOW!

good morning. i have a question. When i start playing skyrim. the framerate of my xbox slim goes down and  its not the same as my friends xbox. is it the game or my xbox? i play on 1080p but i lowered it down because i thought it might solve the problem. please help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 63 Applies to:

Hi there, I'm not sure if lowering the HD 1080P will solve this. One step lower 1080i or 720P which is also consider HD too. That will just show graphical terms quality decrease (depending on TV)... But for the frame-rate issue, Is it by chance that your friend has his/her Skyrim installed to the Hard Drive of the 360 and yours might be running off the disk continuously?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It depends on how many hz your tv has got. The best is 200hz, but for gaming you need only 60hz.

Alessio

Sorry this didn't help.

Changing the display settings won't help I'm afraid as the system isn't like a PC.  If a game is designed to run at 720p, it will run at that resolution, changing to 480p just downscales the image, the game itself will continue to run at 720p internally.  Same holds true at 1080p.

Is this the only game you are having issues with?
What happens if you try a different save point, does it have a slow frame-rate then?

Like many of Bethesda's games, Skryrim is prone to bugs, some of which may cause the game to slow down.  I don't own Skyrim, but I have experienced similar issues with Oblivion and Fallout 3.  The best thing to is try another save game.  It's always a good idea to create a few saves on these games to help prevent these bugs.

Sorry this didn't help.