framerate issues and freezing make my new Elite unusable for some games, plz help xbox support.

basically i have a brand new xbox 360 elite, 250gb, which i bought about 1-2 month ago, since then i've noticed that theres severe framerate issues coming from this console when i play certain games. in some games its barely noticable, for example black ops 1 and black ops 2, both play pretty flawlessly. but then theres a fair share of games that are affected so bad they are unplayable. i tried different HDMI cables, different TV. none of these issues are present when I got my original xbox 360 up and tried them offline. i dont understand why this new elite is like this. is it a faulty console that i should try to take back? 

the issues are more than just framerate lag, it effects the way the game plays. the turning is laggy and slow and its most severe in left 4 dead i have noticed. it happens in some areas then plays ok for some time, then goes back to turning massivley slowly. well im not just posting this for advice and help from xbox live, but to ask has anyone else ever had these kind of issues with this model? because i dont understand how my original 60GB xbox has worked so flawlessly and fine and  now this. well unless other people are noticing these issues and its because of the recent big xbox live update, im guessing the console is faulty and i should take it back? well that kind of makes it more upseting for me because i mean i spent ages transfering everything from my old xbox to this one, then doing a liscene transfer. i cant do another liscene transfer for 4 months or so and thats just such an inconvince because other people on my xbox use my DLC too, so its not fair on any of my family. 

is there ways to contact microsoft support and have a new liscene transfer in this case because i dont want to give back my console and have it replaced then when on the new one, no one but me can use my DLC but my family have their own accounts.

would really like some advice/help from xbox live support, and i have done alot of tests and its defintily the xbox itself causing these issues . im kind of worried the people who sold me the xbox will not belive it though, some games work completley fine, while others are unplayable , idk what to do

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

it just seems the xbox elite i have clearly has some hardware problems if its running some games fine but others not. alien vs predator and resident evil 6 are 2 other games to name a few more that are basically unplayable, its just constant jolting and frame rate dropping making it feel like im playing on a windows 2000 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

any suggestions as to things i could try to see if the problem fixes will also be really appreciated i just want my xbox to work like my other one did idk why its acting up in this way

Sorry this didn't help.

am i really the only one who has these issues because i started up my older xbox today and realized in shock, it now out of nowhere has these issues too. i really dont know what to say, or do. i cant play the majority of my games because they lag bad in the framerate , the controlers, the turning and looking around, the aiming.

i have tried everything to pinpoint the issue and right now i cant play at all  because just about the only games i can play is black ops 1 and black ops 2 and im just not in the mood when i dont understand whats causing these perfomance problems in my other games and its not even relateted to just one console . 

=[ 

Sorry this didn't help.

There are a few things that can cause frame rate issues such as overheating or excessive dust. Also, are the games you're having trouble with installed (or not installed) on your hard drive?

Sorry this didn't help.