Frame Rate when watching TV

Is anyone else getting sort of a weird frame rate issue when watching tv through x1.  It sort of looks like you can see each frame sometimes and the transition is bad and then the voice seems like it does not match what is being said.

Seems like a hard reboot fixes it then it gets pretty noticeable as time goes on.   I know that Xfinity uses Dolby for the most part so maybe that's the problem as x1 is still in Beta program.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Are you in the UK? UK needs a patch as UK Television runs at a different framerate (50hz I think) to what is being outputted (60hz) causing stutter.

If I recall correctly.

Had that happen last night but thought it was just the channel I was watching. The sound was off while watching the news. But I flipped through some channels and it seemed they were fine. My biggest gripe is the picture quality is somewhat degraded using the HDMI pass thru.

Ya, that's what I am thinking.  I do not mind for news and short sitcoms but the movie watching experience is awful.  Its way too hard to start changing HDMI cables around just to watch a movie.  I wish the X1 had a pass through option so during extended tv watching I could power off my x1.  

I am is US

Set your cable box to output at 720p for better pic quality

Thats a good idea you might be upscaling 480p from your cable box, or maybe you have a bad hdmi cable or something. I don't know what but mine works great.

come on man, my cable box does 1080p, who would hook up a standard def cable box to an X1. But thanks for advice.  

Actually, there is no 1080p content on cable, its 720p and if setup for it your cable box will upscale that to 1080i. Setting your cable box to 720p (Native resolution) and using the scaler in the Xbox instead might produce better results as far as picture quality. Your sound issues though, really sounds like you have a faulty piece of equipment somewhere in there.

xfinity most definitely have 1080p.  they just do not advertise it because you need a newer box and they do not want everyone to feel ripped off.  My receiver even proves that the signal is 1080p.

the difference is amazing, you can still frame and see all the faces clear as ever in a football game audience and such.  

yeah the picture does mess up a bit at times and my biggest complaint is being in a party chat and switching to tv the volume for the show is so low I have to crank the tv up, and btw if your controller dies and people are talking they will be yelling through your tv xD I don't understand why it happens but I hope they fix it