frame rate issues playing call of duty.

during this spring break i started playing black ops 2 with my brother. we played zombies on split screen offline and we would have bad frame rate. it looks way better when i play solo. its the first time we start playing split screen again since we got the game back in november. it didnt have bad split screen frame rate back then. i went to a friend's house and played split screen zombies and it wasnt bad like when i play with my bro. any suggestions why it happens? or how to fix it? PLEASE HELP :'(

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 148 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Sorry to hear about your situation.

But, could you please clarify a few things:

1. Is the game installed on the hard drive? Games working off the hard drive run smoother.
  2. What type of console do you have? Is it a 4gb hard drive system? That one has plenty of memory issues. Solve it by getting a bigger hard drive.
  3. When was the last time you cleared the System Cache? Clear that (Storage, select the hard drive, Press Y and Clear System Cache). This will speed things up.

Hopefully, these will clear the problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i installed it and it runs a bit better but it still sucks compared to how smooth it is on my friend's console. and yea i have a 4gb slim but i got a hd for it and installed the game. and ive cleared it regularly since this started happenin and still no luck :( my black ops 1 zombies framerate lags too now :(

Sorry this didn't help.

Also when i press the guide button it lags to show up while these games are runing (black ops 1 and 2)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Erod. It sounds to me like your console is struggling with memory to run that much at once. How big is the hard drive that you got for your console? Also, was the extra hard drive an official Xbox 360 brand hard drive?

Sorry this didn't help.

It also happens when i dont use the hard drive but  bought a 20gb hard drive on ebay because i didnt have enough money for a bigger one  amd to my surprise it lets me play original xbox games

Sorry this didn't help.

If i recall on your other thread You said you are using an Xbox Slim Console Correct?

If so. DO NOT USE the 20GB Hard drive

From the Terms of Use:

12.  Service Operation and Equipment.

Any attempt to disassemble, decompile, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, modify, further sublicense, distribute, or use for other purposes the Service, any game, application, or other content available or accessible through the Service, or any hardware or software associated with the Service or with an original Xbox or Xbox 360 console is strictly prohibited and may result in cancellation of your account and/or your ability to access the Service, and the pursuit of other legal remedies by Microsoft.  Microsoft may take any legal action it deems appropriate against users who violate Microsoft's systems or network security, this contract or any additional terms incorporated or referenced in this contract, and such users may also incur criminal or civil liability. 

-

-

You may not have disassembled a hard drive but the person that you bought it from did. The only authorized Hard drives you can use in the Xbox Slim Console is a Microsoft branded 250GB HDD or 320GB HDD. Using any other hard drive can get your console and possibly account banned from Xbox live permanently

Sorry this didn't help.

Alright, but I thought it was Alrite to use 3rd party hard drives? But I still need help to fix my problem

Sorry this didn't help.

Anybody? Help?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey again Erod! We definitely don't advise using 3rd party hard drives. You can never be sure if they're formatted to properly function with your console.

Have you tried installing your game on the hard drive to see if it runs smoother?

If you aren't able to get an official Xbox 360 brand hard drive to try out, I would suggest getting a Xbox 360 approved USB drive, formatting it, and trying again with the USB drive plugged into your console for extra memory. 

Sorry this didn't help.

I installed it and it rubbed smother but it started laggin again

Sorry this didn't help.