Forza 4 Gets Season Pass + Demo

Microsoft and developer Turn 10 Studios have announced a Season Pass program for Forza Motorsport 4 that would allow buyers to get the game's six planned post-release DLC packs.

The pass costs 2400 Microsoft Points, and although the company hasn't released pricing for the six DLC packs and 60 cars that the pass includes, it says that by buying the pass you're saving 30 percent.

DLC is expected from November 2011 through April 2012 (although you can buy the pass when the game releases on October 11), starting with the American Muscle car pack, which includes:

• 1965 Pontiac GTO
  • 1968 Pontiac Firebird
  • 1970 Buick GSX
  • 1970 Dodge Cornet Super Bee
  • 1966 Chevrolet Nova SS
  • 1969 Shelby GT500 428CJ
  • 1971 Plymouth GTX 426 Hemi
  • 1967 Dodge Cornet W023
  • 1968 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock
  • 1964 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt

My question is: If Microsoft and Turn 10 have already planned out the DLC the Season Pass includes – six DLC packs for a total of 60 cars – does that mean that there is no other DLC planned? No DLC tracks? No additions to Autovista mode?

In other Forza 4 news, the game's demo goes live to Xbox Live Gold members on October 3rd, and on October 7 for everyone else.

Source:http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/09/22/forza-4-gets-season-pass-amp-demo.aspx

It seem alot of developers are following these season pass now.  Some people might consider it a good deal but imo, it just seem an extra way to cash in.   These cars are probably already made and stuff and could be shipped with the actually game but instead are just using it make more money.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 22 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I think this new idea of season passes is just ridiculous,it is purely being done to make money.

how can they say what dlc is going to be available before the game has even been released?

all it says to me is they are holding back that extra content just so they can charge you extra,there is nothing stopping them putting it into the game now.

it also gives them an excuse not to put any effort in to the dlc if you have already got thousands of people already obligated to buy it.

i have put off buying gears 3 because of all the added expense coming and now this one looks the same.

i know people will say you don`t have to buy the extras but 6 packs? thats a lot of game you would be missing.

Season Passes are for the mugs who pay all the extra money for meaningless content on DLC.

The developers used to just release extra stuff for free, and the gamers would think ''wow this company looks after us, I look forward to their next game and will probably buy it!''

This is just a result of an industry which is becoming more driven by sales and profits.

Not sure on this for Forza tbh and i love Forza.

I've never been a massive fan of just car packs for the game, I would much rather have tracks as DLC, I find once I've found my fave cars in each class then that's what I tend to stick with.

Will wait until there are some more details about what the packs might contain before committing.

Forza is another of my most anticipated games of 2011 but like Mr Nally I'm going to wait untill I see more details before commiting to this.

I'm agreeing with Lofty and marknally. I'm interested in the game but for me it's going to be about the contents of the pack. I only bought one pack for Forza 3, and that was because it contained the Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500. As a bonus it came with the Mercedes-Benz 190E, which was another car I had hoped for. The Sierra was the reason for my purchase though.

I wasn't sure where to post this but my mate Mr Codger told me about this yesterday, Shopto are doing the new Microsoft Speed Wheel and a copy of Forza 4 for £71.86 on release, might be of interest to some!

www.shopto.net/.../XB2FO14-Microsoft%20Speed%20Wheel%20with%20Forza%204.html

They can shove it where the sun dont shine.

[quote user="LoftyBee"]

I wasn't sure where to post this but my mate Mr Codger told me about this yesterday, Shopto are doing the new Microsoft Speed Wheel and a copy of Forza 4 for £71.86 on release, might be of interest to some!

www.shopto.net/.../XB2FO14-Microsoft%20Speed%20Wheel%20with%20Forza%204.html

[/quote]

I have to admit I am seriously tempted with that offer, the only thing i don't like as i was saying to you yesterday the wheel doesn't have the LB + RB buttons so for F1 it would be useless as you would not be able to use KERS & £30-40 seems a bit much if you can only use it fully with 1 game.

i will be playing forza 4 in a few hours as im just about to head to eurogamer !

cant wait to see how she plays

also be on battlefield 3 and many other top titles

I don't buy car packs, its a con.