Forza 4 Demo. Why bother?

I was looking forward to trying the new kinect features, (head tracking in particular) just to see if they were any good. Sadly these don't seem to be in the demo!

From the demo FMS4 looks a lot like FMS3 to be honest. The countdown to race start has slightly better graphics, then when the race starts the jaggies are back!

Guess I will have to play the full game to see any difference, so why bother with a demo?

Anyone else disappointed with the demo?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I was a little bit.

the game looks good and plays well but its just a shiny version of the last one.

i can`t see myself buying it until its dropped in price

I think with most games coming out now that they aren't much better than their previous installments. And I doubt we will see much improvement until the next generation consoles are here. the 360 and ps3 have pretty much gone as far as they can now, so the new games are just tweaked a bit here and there, sometimes for the better sometimes for the worse.fortunately forza's tweaks are for the better.

I personally loved the demo, everything about it that I see was better than previous games, the handling/feel of the cars, the graphics,sound.

I will try the game with Kinect but to be honest I can't see myself using it with the full game that much but agree it would have been nice to see how it works in the demo but developers these days never seem to give away too much before the full release.

I think this one is way better than the last one.what jaggies you on about I can't see nothing,maybe you have your sharpness up to high on your tv.I be using the kinetic for head tracking,if its like track ir which I have used a lot of on my pc for arma and iracing then its defo worth it,being able too look and lean into corners do actually help you get your laptimes down.roll on next friday

Not that it bothers me but I was a bit suprised they didn't put kinect into the demo too, being Microsoft's baby at the moment you would have thought they would have tried to push it even more, especially trying to drag in some casual people to the game. Makes me think it doesn't perform too well............

Re the actual demo, I can't see any jaggies at all, tbh the graphics are not really what I was that interested in though so I haven't been scanning it that much to pick up on it.

For me the demo shows a vast improvement in the car handling and also the AI seem a little more racey if not a little annoying on some apex's.

To be honest as demo's go what they have given us in it is near on perfect.

Like the demo but won't be buying the game!!

You dont buy much anyway

[quote user="pesty13"]

To be honest as demo's go what they have given us in it is near on perfect.

[/quote]

I have to agree but then I am a massive fan of racers especially the Forza games so you could say I'm a bit biased lol.

i thought the demo was quite good. It looks amazing the background is really sharp, the cars do feel a bit better and the sound, especially going through the tunnel, is great! Iam dissapointed a bit with the demo but im not exactly sure why! Maybe i was expecting a bit more from the demo. It wont stop me buying it tho, I have my copy pre-ordered!!