Forum navigation

First time on new look forums, which looks great, but I feel functionality has suffered, mainly viewing a record off all forum threads you've posted in.

Can this even be done now? Also I see a massive reduction on the amount of threads, I've been on games forums with no posts whatsoever!  I remember a thriving community, is this lost in the new design or just gotta look harder?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

You can favourite a thread you have posted in and you can then click on 'forums home' and scroll down to 'my forums' where you will see all the threads you have favourited.

Agree though its not as easy as it once was and certainly no where near as busy as it once was but it is slowly picking up again, you should have seen it when they 1st changed it all you could see was tumbleweed blowing by!

Navigation is as easy as making a wardrobe from IKEA using their 1-page instruction page!

[quote user="Hellfire IRL"]

First time on new look forums, which looks great, but I feel functionality has suffered, mainly viewing a record off all forum threads you've posted in.

Can this even be done now? Also I see a massive reduction on the amount of threads, I've been on games forums with no posts whatsoever!  I remember a thriving community, is this lost in the new design or just gotta look harder?

[/quote]At the top of the thread list there is an option called Your Discussions. This will show you all the threads you've posted in for that section of the forum.

Unfortunately there is no way to see all the threads you've contributed to without doing the above of Favouriting each one.

The community is still here but it is a dwindling one, Microsoft now heavily favour Twitter and Facebook. They don't seem to be willing to spend time on the forum themselves, so don't bother trying to improve the place for the people who do.

I did have a sextant somewhere but I can't find it.

[quote user="voteDC"]
The community is still here but it is a dwindling one, Microsoft now heavily favour Twitter and Facebook. They don't seem to be willing to spend time on the forum themselves, so don't bother trying to improve the place for the people who do.

[/quote]Both are very sad truths!

On topic: My Forums was amazing and is sorely missed!

The navigation is ok but it could be better in places eg if i post in a thread ive favorited it but soemtimes i forget to do so,

[quote user="lewgiffard"]

[quote user="voteDC"]

[/quote]
On topic: My Forums was amazing and is sorely missed!

[/quote]

Couldn't agree more mate.  I am so gutted they changed it. 

I remember coming back from a 7 month tour then struggling to even post a answer/navigate around. All i kept saying was -Why fix something thats not broken.... My forums was really busy. Plenty of gamers communicating, Easy navigation and quick load ups.I was always on the forums then after the changes i dwindled away-totally gutted because of the change..  Nowadays it takes along time to get a answer or to keep a conversation going.

However I ain't giving up with out a fight and will still stay with this outstanding community!!

Change for the sake of change can't always be a good thing! I definitely preferred the old forums, even if there were more idiots about those days!

Bring back YesConsiderably and ValveLover! least you still have FatMond though he provides most of the entertainment. I don't log in as much cause but when I do it's to redeem points and to see whats what.