Forgotten windows live ID/pass

'Okay, me again with another "friend in trouble " post, lol. I have recently posted needing help with an inaccessible account, which was solved, but ran into a new problem. His little brother created his file at the same time, but has no clue of what email or password was used. Before linking to the page to help find your info via account settings, that requires the user to be logged in, which cannot happen. It has been 3 years since this info was even close to being needed, thus it has been long since forgotten. He has a few email accounts (most lost because forgotten pass…stupid…) so I'm not sure if it is in there. Is there any other possibility of another way of getting the info?

P.S. A random question regarding the download process:

If a hardrive is placed into a new system, and the account is redownloaded, will it have to be again on the original system a second time or will it "remember" it? Also, will his brother's have to be redownloaded after it has been on the new system even if it was not deleted and redownloaded?

Thanks for the continued help everyone!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi ZDragonLord X.

-

First up, your brother will need to contact phone support to regain access to his account. Due to the sensitivity of info required for identity verification, forum support agents cannot assist you. support.xbox.com/contact-us

-

As for profiles, if the profile is still on the HDD when it's moved into a new console, it should still be there without needing to redownload it. Additionally, you don't need the original console to download a profile either - just the appropriate Microsoft account credentials.

-

Hope that helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.